Thread: VA Collection
View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2024, 01:47 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default VI: Regret

The throne room of Malachor's palace on the dark planet of his own creation was a stark contrast to the vibrant and peaceful world of Nova Prime that Sarah called home. Shadows clung to the cold stone walls, and the air was thick with an oppressive silence. Torches cast flickering, eerie light, creating dancing phantoms that seemed to mock the life that once thrived here.

Sarah stood at the entrance, her heart pounding with a mix of resolve and sorrow. She had to try one last time. For the man she once loved, for the galaxy, and for herself. She took a deep breath, her sapphire eyes scanning the vast, empty chamber until they locked onto the dark figure seated on the throne.

Malachor, now the Emperor, looked almost unrecognizable. His once soft features were hardened by power and ambition, his eyes cold and calculating. Yet, as his gaze met Sarah's, a flicker of the old Malachor, the one she had loved, surfaced momentarily.

"Sarah," he said, his voice a mixture of surprise and guarded affection. "Why have you come here?"

"I came to stop you, Malachor," Sarah replied, stepping forward with practiced confidence. "This isn't who you are. You were meant for greater things than tyranny and darkness."

Malachor rose from his throne, his cape flowing behind him like a shadow. "I am fulfilling my destiny, Sarah," he said with an uncharacteristically wild grin, giving him a somewhat insane look. "The galaxy needs order, and I am the one to bring it."

"This is not order, Malachor. This is oppression," she countered, her voice breaking with emotion. "I know there's still good in you. I can see it. You don't have to do this."

He took a step towards her, his expression falling and then softening for a moment. "And what would you have me do, Sarah? Go back to being a powerless idealist, while you remain in the spotlight?" Despite himself, he had to look away. "The galaxy is full of chaos and corruption. Only through strength can we achieve peace."

Sarah shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. "Peace built on fear and suffering is no peace at all. Remember who you were, Malachor. Remember us. We can find another way."

Malachor's face twisted with inner conflict. For a brief second, he seemed to consider her words, something Sarah might call hesitation flashing in his eyes. But the darkness that consumed him, fueled by years of ambition and betrayal, was too strong.

"It's too late for that," he said, his tone colder now, giving a sense of finality. "I've come too far. There's no turning back."

Sarah's heart shattered at his words, but she stood her ground. "Then I must stop you, for the sake of everything we once believed in."

Malachor's eyes narrowed, the tender moment gone. "So be it," he said, raising his hand. Dark energy crackled around his fingers, a testament to the power he had embraced.

Sarah summoned her own abilities, her hands glowing with a soft, white light that almost embodied hope and purity. The two forces clashed, a blinding explosion of light and dark that illuminated the throne room.

As their powers collided, the struggle became as much internal as it was external. Malachor could feel Sarah's love and determination battling against the darkness within him. For a fleeting moment, he wondered, Who Had He Become, the weight of his choices bearing down on him.

But his resolve, hardened by years of ruthless training, ultimately won out. With a final, desperate surge of energy, he overpowered Sarah, sending her crashing to the ground. She lay there, weakened but still defiant, her eyes locked onto his.

"Goodbye, Malachor," she whispered, her voice filled with both sadness and a sickening tinge of hope. "I believe in you. I always will."

Malachor stood over her, his expression for once unreadable. He could feel the sting of her words, the truth that cut through his facade. But the path he had chosen was set. With a final, regretful glance, he turned and walked away, leaving Sarah behind.

As the darkness of the throne room closed in around her, Sarah's eyes fluttered shut, her last thoughts a silent prayer for the man she once loved to find his way back to the light. And for Malachor, the echo of her words would haunt him forever, a reminder of the price he paid for his empire.

Last edited by sock; May 22nd, 2024 at 09:00 AM.