View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
{XD yep}
Bushhunter shrugged a little as though to say "okay, I tried to warn you" and then fell silent, the tip of her tail twitching as though she was thinking about arguing further but wasn't quite sure if she really wanted to or not. "Everything alright?" She asked in her rough, half-broken voice. She had often wished for a smoother, more interesting voice...she imagined it wouldn't make her feel like as much of an outcast. She had always dreamed of being one of the best-liked warriors, though she knew that was far from happening. And why? Because she wasn't pretty. Because she wasn't sweet. Because she was logical, not emotional, not crying over every silly little thing. Because she wasn't gentle. Because she just wasn't. Bushhunter could imagine herself as being gentle kind, sweet, pretty...in short, the type of cat who would be popular. She hated that view of herself, though. She knew Almondpelt probably wasn't too popular either...though she would get off lucky. At least she actually liked toms. Bushhunter hated them with everything in her. She knew how cruel they could be. She had seen them being abusive, being hard on their loves or mates, and sometimes- this was the worst of all to her- forcing them to have kits. Bushhunter had seen unwanted litters of kits killed by either jealous rivals or their own fathers. She was lucky- she had escaped. Everyone else, mm... Not so lucky. She hoped the same thing would never happen to Almondpelt. No matter how uneasy the truce between them was, she didn't wish the she-cat ill.
As soon as she made sense of what Bushhunter had asked her, Almondpelt forced herself to be her usual happy-go-lucky self. "Everything's fine," she said, half lying. She cursed herself in her thoughts as she could tell the lie was very easy to detect. Was it her voice that gave it away? Or was it her eyes? Either way, she might as well fess up now before Bushhunter thought of her as a liar. "It's just, the whole reason I came to the forest is because my twolegs' home caught fire. I was out exploring past the Twoleg Place when it happened, and my mother and new siblings... They were locked in the dirtplace. When I went back and saw rubble... It was too late. They were all gone..." she said, starting to choke up. "When I came out here to Thunderclan, it was hard. And living through the fire that burned down our forest... It's just hard emotionally right now..." Almondpelt was surprised at how easy it was for her to talk to Bushhunter, allowing this she-cat that just a few moments before probably could have easily clawed her ears off and liked it. "Sorry, I don't mean to put any burden on you," she said with a wry giggle. "It's just really easy to talk to you." She glanced up, looking the she-cat in the eyes, her own golden amber eyes watery with tears that she fought so desperately to hold back. She then looked at her paws, feeling a strange heat creep up her body and into her ears, making them burn. "Sorry..."