View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2017, 12:14 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

The newly named Pinepaw sat in the clearing, hues gleaming brightly as he looked around. Almost everything was new and exciting now, and he was looking forwards to every adventure that he might embark on with his best friend-- Adderpaw. He was looking forwards to everything that might happen to the two of them...well, everything within reason. Of course there were always bad things that might happen, things that could go wrong...things that Pinepaw didn't want to happen. But they'd survived his tricks and games, so perhaps they could survive more. He wasn't quite sure what to think right now. Everything seemed so vivid, and yet he wondered if he was dreaming. After all, he had wondered if this day was ever coming, and now that it was really here, why shouldn't he be dreaming? He'd hoped and worked for something all his life and it had turned out to be a bust, hadn't it? Well no, not exactly. It wasn't a bust. It was something special and unique, and he wondered if Adderpaw had felt this way at her own ceremony. He hoped so. He hoped that she felt just as special as he did at the moment, and that she would be able to survive through everything that had happened to the Clan and their friendship.

It had been almost too much for him.

But they had made it through, and he was looking forwards to seeing what the next day might bring. Because after all, didn't each day bring new promise? That was a thought he would have scoffed at the day before but now, with everything looking so special and wonderful, and since he knew that there would be further adventures, the tom was having new thoughts about the world around him. Good thoughts. I can't wait to see Adderpaw. Hey, I could tackle her now...since I'm not having a ceremony and supposed to be completely serious. The tom sat up, puffing his chest out slightly as he did so. He really was proud of himself, and although he wasn't exactly one to have a giant ego-- right now he felt as though he had just become deputy, or leader.

That must be what it felt like to be an apprentice.

In another part of the clearing, a young brown and white cat was also sitting. She was somewhat smaller then the aforementioned, and her hues were sadder. She was thinking about a friend of hers-- or a past friend of hers, she wasn't quite sure how this was going to turn out. And she was terrified because of it. How could she know? How could she know what would happen or not happen in the future, and how could she know whether Rainpaw would ever apologize to that poor apprentice? She couldn't. But, at least her new mentor had thought it was a nice thing to do. He had said so. That gave Heartpaw a warm feeling, knowing that at least one cat thought she was doing the right thing. She hadn't been looking for recognition or praise when she had defended the other cat, she had been trying to do a nice thing for someone else. A nice thing for another cat, so that Rainpaw wouldn't get to their head and make them feel like they didn't mean anything. She glanced around for her mentor now, wondering where he was-- shouldn't they train sometime? Might be nice, she thought with the slightest of shrugs, the smallest tilt of her head. She glanced around once more, dark, almost cobalt blue hues searching for Rookpatch.

Where could he be?

She didn't think that he was purposely trying to avoid her, and she knew that at some point they would have to train...right? She would make it up to Rainpaw later. Maybe she could ask the older tom's advice on it...hopefully he would have something to say on the matter, he must have been through something like that before to make him so nervous. Not a bully, exactly, but perhaps he had been bullied. Or maybe someone had stuck up for him, and lost a friend? No-- that was exactly like her own story, and she doubted that any cat had a story that was exactly like her own. She sighed, licking her maw a little nervously as she glanced around for Rookpatch again. He would show up. She knew he would. And besides, he couldn't avoid her forever...right?

Besides that, she seriously doubted that she had done anything to make him want to.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 4th, 2017 at 12:15 PM.