View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2017, 04:52 AM
chirps

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Shrikecall sighed as the she cat echoed the last part of his sentence. He didn't want to have to explain it, knowing that it wasn't exactly the nicest thing he could have said and also not wanting to hurt the warrior's feelings. "Yes...slow me down. I just don't want to be worried about a single cat- or group of cats all the time," He mewed with a sigh. He looked down at his paws, shifting them in the snow and making markings before he glanced back at the light brown warrior. Her next words seemed to send both an electrical shock and a sudden thrill through the tom. He had never thought anything of the sort before...since, like most warriors his age, he was considerably lacking in the romance department. His ears went back for a moment and he looked almost as though he wanted to console the she cat. But what could he say to that? Nothing. That was one of the strangest things that Shrikecall had ever heard in his short time as Deputy-- and definitely one of the strangest that he'd heard in his longer lifetime. For a moment, the tom almost forgot what he was going to say before he shook his head and put on a puzzled expression, cocking his head to one side as he examined the she cat as though she had just done something unforgivable. Though she really hadn't done anything too bad, the tom was uncomfortable.

"I-I didn't mean like that either, I just meant...personal...connections. N-not family connections. Not that type, anyways." Shrikecall felt a shudder go down his spine and the tip of his tail flicked anxiously as he did so, hues glinting with a new, worried light. Right now the last place he wanted to be was with the she cat, and at the same time, she interested him. The sound of her laughter filled the air around them, and Shrikecall stopped and listened. It sounded like...well, magic. Which surprised him, considering up until now he hadn't regarded her as the best of company. Somewhat boring, though he was amazed that she hadn't once brought up anything she wanted. But that sound-- the tom could have stopped and listened to that all day long. And then when she spoke as though she were taking command, the spell that her voice had over him was broken and he looked at her almost as though seeing her for the first time all over again. She appeared to be almost a different cat altogether, though whether that was a good or bad thing, the tom wasn't sure. "Actually, I was hoping--" he began, and then stopped. No, this was the reason he didn't have personal connections...because they would interfere with decisions like this. Instead of finishing his sentence, he cleared his throat and looked the other way. "Yes. I believe that would be the most efficient way to do this." He mewed in a voice that sounded almost completely unlike his own, although there was still a bit of the raw sound in it. He had wanted the she cat to come and check the borders with him, just for some companionship during that time-- but she was right, it would be quicker that way anyways.
Realizing that Shrikecall seemed to be in the same state she was with this conversation gave Heathertail a bit of confidence, but not much. The she-cat just listened to him, not really hearing the words once more but concentrating on his face. On his composure, the way he moved and walked and the little antics that he possessed. When she was genuinely interested in getting to know a cat, Heathertail loved to observed them. She was much more a watcher than she was a talker. In fact, she would be content to sit in silence with those she cared about all day long then talk the moons away. There was something to be said about a personal connection that was derived from sitting silently with someone, just looking at each other. Something almost... magical, in her eyes. And while her heart longed to accompany the deputy on checking the borders, thoughts in her mind and what he said tried to convince her otherwise.

Heathertail, for a moment hopeful, perked up just a bit as Shrikecall started his first sentence. Then, he cut it off, paused, and began a new one. It was itching away at her to ask what he was originally going to say, but being dominantly shy took that away from her. Instead, she just nodded, mewing "Okay. I'll meet you back at camp," and turned away, starting to head back up the slope towards the ThunderClan border. Her tail drooped just a bit as she concentrated on the pathway in front of her, mind reeling over the conversation she had just shared. Maybe once they were both back at camp she could try to go up to him and apologize for anything she may have done wrong. Despite being a senior warrior, the WindClan molly had not much confidence in her ability to make friends. She was kind of the cat that sat silently and watched, rather than joining in; she was polite and kind when spoken to, but it took a lot for her to start the conversation.

As she rounded the hilltop, Heathertail turned to look over her shoulder at where Shrikecall was, resisting the urge to call out to him. Stupid being shy she thought with a soft growl, turning her head back around and setting off on a brisk pace towards the ThunderClan border. The trees came into view and began to get sharper as she got up to them. She shook her head as if to get rid of the perpetulant thoughts that crammed inside of her brain and tried to concentrated on the border as she came up to it. Something seemed off here, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. It was eerily quiet along the border, and the ThunderClan scent was going stale. "What's going on?" she thought, narrowing her eyes as she leaned forward. Suddenly, breathing could be heard, and Heathertail gasped as she spotted a badger emerging from the ground. Quickly, she dashed behind the cover of a nearby rock, heart racing in her chest. The badger hadn't seen her; luckily she was upwind. But why was it out and about? It was still the tail-end of winter. Heathertail cautiously peaked over the top of the rock, watching at the large animal lumbered out towards the border, seemingly limping. "What?" Heathertail whispered to herself, craning her neck to get a better view to see the cause of the bear's limp. There, clamped on, was some shiny metal object, and a few drops of crimson scarlet liquid stained the white blood beneath the badger's foot. The young WindClan warrior was frozen in fear as she continued to watch.

(....so I just got done watching Fox and the Hound, and got inspired xD)