View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

Blazingstar sat down a moment before noticing the amusement lighting his deputy's gaze. "Don't get any more ideas about scaring me," he raised a brow. The tone in his voice suggested that he was merely teasing, understanding how silly he must've appeared for that moment. Although the teasing tone and look that was written on his face disappeared to a more casual one. Pricking his ears and blinking ever so often, Blazingstar listened to his deputy speak. It was very obvious how concerned he seemed about these cats, however, why would they need to worry if one of the cats happened to be Dapplestar's former deputy? Which one? He thought to himself suddenly. Surely if he heard the name, he'd recognize it, that is unless he was too young a leader to know. That was quite possible considering Dapplestar's age at the time she left. Although, if Shrikecall can't remember them, then perhaps they were lying about who they really were? Shrikecall was considerably older than he, so perhaps that option is off the board now. Even so, wouldn't they come in handy to the clan?

"What this cat's name? You fail to mention it," he spoke, his tail swishing across the ground behind him. "Besides, it's not your say who joins the clan, although, don't get me wrong, I'll take your advice on anything. You know how the clan runs better than I," for a moment a hint of playfulness entered his voice towards the last few words, but once more, Blazingstar took on a serious outlook. "Of course, if they wish to meet me, I cannot deny them that at the least. I must hear their side to the story before I make any rash decisions," he spoke as though it were his final decision. He understood Shrikecall's concerns, but the whole idea that Shrikecall wanted to turn them away before leading them to him was even more concerning. Hopefully his deputy didn't do that to every strange cat he met. Blazingstar understood if the cat were from the Dusk Syndicate or a rogue, but cats who knew Dapplestar? Strange.

Clearing his throat, he stood up once more, like he was ready to enter the clearing. The den was too small for all the cats to come into here, but perhaps he should simply talk to the "leader" of this band of loners. That would be easiest. "I will speak to the former deputy alone, I don't need other inputs on this decision unless I request it," he spoke. "But Shrikecall, may I ask you something?" he paused, not giving the deputy time to even reply to it. "Why did you want to drive them out if they claim to have known Dapplestar? Don't you think they could be valuable?" Once more, the ginger tabby's brown raised, and his golden hues had a questioning look to them.
@Lonestar23

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL