View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:57 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

The tom shrugged before a hint of a smile appeared on his features. "I make no promises." He mewed, watching Blazingstar's expression. Surely he would understand the danger here. He had never heard of this 'Infernosky' cat before, and the other two did not look like Clan cats. What had their names been? Russel and Jitterbug. There, he did pay attention! He had to. At least he remembered that much, being an older warrior sometimes he felt as though his senses were down and he couldn't hear as well. He was fairly sure that was who had been talking, and he was hoping that either they would have enough significant proof to satisfy him-- or Blazingstar, though in his opinion the leader was a little soft-- or they would be turned away. So far they hadn't given him anything that had made him think they might, in the least bit, be telling the truth. Where had they come from? What did they want? Why had they returned now? He realized he should have asked those questions earlier, but he had been too busy trying to keep them from entering.

"Her name is Infernosky. The other two are not Clan cats, I don't believe; their names are Russel and Jitterbug." He mewed, raising his hues to meet the leader's own. Such odd names...and not ones that the Deputy recognized. Because of that, he hadn't wanted to let those cats in. Had he made a mistake? Probably-- he was still learning, and he was used to driving cats he didn't know out. That had been how he had been raised as a warrior, how he had been taught. It seemed Blazingstar had a different opinion on the situation, one that would take Shrikecall some getting used to. "I understand." He mewed, lowering his head in slight embarrassment. Of course he couldn't have expected the leader to just turn them away. Curiosity was natural, besides, it wouldn't be fair. Perhaps he had been a bit rash and unfair in his actions, but the cats' names were bothering him. He'd never heard of a cat named 'Infernosky' before, let alone remembering her being Deputy of the Clan. That was a strong claim to make, and without proof...but he would allow Blazingstar to handle it. He could give advice. That was all.

"Of course, Blazingstar." He mewed, lowering his head respectfully again. At the leader's question, he lifted his hues and glanced right into the younger cat's, his own snapping with a determination that hadn't been there a moment before. "I mean no disrespect by saying this, but I've lived much longer then you have. I've seen things that you probably will never see. And I remember a former Deputy of WindClan. One. There was Dapplestar, and I remember her appointing a Deputy with the prefix Starling- I don't remember her suffix. But in all the moons I've been alive, I do not remember there ever being a Deputy of WindClan named Infernosky. And her companions were not Clan cats. Not by the looks of them. Not to mention she used names I've never heard before...I can't remember them, you'll have to ask her. That's why I wanted to drive them out. There's something about them that I don't trust." Shrikecall mewed, his hues flashing again before they lost some of their fire.

"At least listen to me on this-- give it some thought before you allow them to be unguarded. Don't listen to their story and believe them right off, there should be some thought put into this." He added, the tip of his tail twitching as he did so. Hopefully the younger cat would listen and heed his advice, although in the end it was up to Blazingstar himself what to do. Not Shrikecall. Someday, perhaps, though Shrikecall hoped it wouldn't be for a while-- though he wanted to be leader, he didn't wish to see Blazingstar get hurt, which was part of the reason he was being so protective and trying to keep these cats out. They could have bad intentions. And right now, WindClan needed a strong leader.
@Suspiciousmindz

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 9th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.