Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Back from the abyss

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidiansky watched, satisfied as his young apprentice glanced around at the border. He seemed uneasy, though for what reason the tom was unsure...it's not like ThunderClan cats are going to come out of nowhere and jump us, he thought with a sigh. That made him uncomfortable- just the thought that cats who were stronger then them coming out of literally nowhere. Out here, there were just grasses and trees...and the occasional predator, though that was one of the rarest things to spot. Animals like badgers, foxes and hawks weren't seen often but when they were, it was 'run for cover and hope your friends make it' time. To some cats, at least. Not to this young warrior. His pride and satisfaction faded to an expression of worry as Rainpaw said something about ThunderClan cats. Guess I should have started with something a bit easier. Don't blame him, he didn't know...the tom though to himself, glancing up at the sky in an attempt to calm himself.

It wasn't the younger cat's fault. In all honesty, Obsidiansky blamed himself that the apprentice would think something like that. He hated to see Rainpaw's anger come out once again, just when he had thought he might be making actual progress on the young tom...but just like that, his expression had flickered back to the scowl that had first been present when the black feline had met the younger cat. Great. The magical relationship between a mentor and his apprentice. I'm practically a believer already. he thought sarcastically, glancing over at Rainpaw with a semi-angry expression.

He was so done with the tom's attitude.

Why was Rainpaw acting this way, anyways? What had Obsidiansky done to make the younger tom so angry with him? The spite was almost too much for the black feline himself, but he managed to ignore it and licked his maw, shifting his weight as he stared at Rainpaw, finally realizing how to respond to his apprentice's failed guess. "Good guess. That's observant just by hearing, but they actually are quite good jumpers. Not as good as us, and like I said before, they aren't as agile or fast." Obsidiansky repeated, trying to get the words into the tom's mind so that he would be able to repeat them later. Once they got to the next border he would ask what Rainpaw remembered about the ThunderClan cats and hopefully, the grey feline would be able to repeat at least part of it back to him.

"Let's move on, shall we?" The tom suggested, shifting his weight as he waited for the younger cat's approval.
Rainpaw glanced at his mentor finally noticing his annoyance. His whiskers twitched in amusement, What's he so mad about? He wondered, trying to think back to something he said. Was it the sarcasm? Maybe he's not used to my glare. Never thought I'd annoy a warrior though. Once Obsidiansky glanced at him, with a semi-angry look, Rainpaw looked away and was careful to not let a gleam of pride enter his sharp yellow gaze. He didn't neccesarily want his mentor to be mad or hate him but it put the apprentice in a slightly powerful position. I should probably stop giving him dirt. He knew the only way to really get to know the tom was to get him to ease up and open up, exactly what Obsidiansky was trying to do to Rainpaw. But Rainpaw had different intentions. It would be good practice for him to study his mentor and try and predict his emotions just by a twitch of the tail. He suspected in about six moons he'd be able to tell exactly what training they'd do next or where his mentor would take him.
His ear twitched as he repeated what he had said about Thunderclan warriors first. "Right right, we're the agile and fast ones. But once one of those furballs pin us are we just mousemeat?" Rainpaw swung his head to face Obsidiansky as he asked-more likely demanded an answer. He didn't want to be considered just a speedy hare, he wanted to know the strong moves.

Last edited by ConfusedCas; March 9th, 2017 at 10:38 PM.