Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2017, 08:14 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralTheRival View Post
Rainpaw glanced at his mentor finally noticing his annoyance. His whiskers twitched in amusement, What's he so mad about? He wondered, trying to think back to something he said. Was it the sarcasm? Maybe he's not used to my glare. Never thought I'd annoy a warrior though. Once Obsidiansky glanced at him, with a semi-angry look, Rainpaw looked away and was careful to not let a gleam of pride enter his sharp yellow gaze. He didn't neccesarily want his mentor to be mad or hate him but it put the apprentice in a slightly powerful position. I should probably stop giving him dirt. He knew the only way to really get to know the tom was to get him to ease up and open up, exactly what Obsidiansky was trying to do to Rainpaw. But Rainpaw had different intentions. It would be good practice for him to study his mentor and try and predict his emotions just by a twitch of the tail. He suspected in about six moons he'd be able to tell exactly what training they'd do next or where his mentor would take him.

His ear twitched as he repeated what he had said about Thunderclan warriors first. "Right right, we're the agile and fast ones. But once one of those furballs pin us are we just mousemeat?" Rainpaw swung his head to face Obsidiansky as he asked-more likely demanded an answer. He didn't want to be considered just a speedy hare, he wanted to know the strong moves.
The black warrior's hues narrowed and his body became tense at the younger cat's words. He doesn't need to be so rude. The cat thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth angrily as he watched the younger tom's expression. He hadn't been asking. Not in a polite ways, anyway...he had been more of demanding an answer. "You might want to reconsider the way you asked me that. I'm not going to answer until you do." He mewed, keeping his voice level. There was no way he was going to give this cat the satisfaction of hearing him lose his temper. Because as far as he could tell, that was what the younger tom was waiting for; for him to lose it. And he didn't want the cat going back to his friend and mentioning he had been mistreated.
Not only would that be a lie, but it would make him more frustrated then before. And he desperately wanted a good relationship with this younger cat. He seemed to be a good cat with a-- well-- not particularly broken heart, but a heart that had been crushed before. The tip of Obsidiansky's tail twitched as he watched the apprentice, standing completely still and wondering what the tom was going to do. He mentally prepared for a sharp, angry answer, though he didn't really want one...he would have rather had a softer, more gentle answer. But of course that was unlikely. From what he understood of Rainpaw, the tom was never in the mood to give a softer answer. Though perhaps he had the apprentice all wrong-- however much he doubted it.
Maybe he was being too judgmental, no matter how kind he thought he was being towards the young tom. He had been embarrassed, after all. But-- Rainpaw was going to have to learn that not everything was going to work out the way he wanted, whether he tried to bully cats into doing it for him or not.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.