View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Augustus dramatically frowned at Jinx's response, throwing his head back to release a loud, disappointed sigh. This was one of his first signs of negativity that he freely expressed before the black she-cat. ``Why so negative?`` He whined, his tail-tip twitching in frustration. He abruptly became sick of her negativity - he wanted fun! He lived for fun! But Jinx was not giving him his entertainment, and he was just dying for some fun.

And, once more, he abruptly perked up. He stood, straightening his posture, a wide, genuine grin as one of his features. With a cheerful laugh, he meowed, ``That's okay, though - your negativity, I mean. I'll help you become positive.`` He had completely ignored her request to return to the clearing, and he refused to walk her home until he was satisfied of his time with her. He had few friends, and he was determined to make Jinx one of them.

Augustus was insane, and that was that. Insanity was very dangerous, and it was best to pad carefully around those with wild minds. Though she probably didn't care, Jinx was walking on thin glass when it came to Augustus. He hadn't murdered any cats in his whole life, as every feline he had met had willingly went along with him. They had not pressed his buttons, meaning he was used to getting his way. Now that Jinx was challenging his mentality...

He was openly expressing his true self, completely unknowingly to himself, however. Augustus needed a friend, and he was going to get one.

And suddenly, he realized he took a wrong turn with the conversation. He couldn't be himself right now, so he changed. He flashed Jinx a cheerful grin, determined to adjust back to his careless nature. And now, the air around him was not tense, but it was dangerously happy.
Jinx only rolled her eyes, getting back to her paws and letting her tail swish behind her. Why did he care so much about how negative she was? Who couldn't be negative after what she'd been through? If only he knew the details, but today was not the day for that sort of talk. Today she just want to get away from this headache and go to camp. She didn't even care about knowing the territory anymore, she simply wanted to sleep in her nest. She was totally fine playing his games at first, but not it was just getting old and she got tired of things quickly.

At his comment, her ears pinned halfway and she snorted. "I don't need your help," she replied back. The tone in her voice clearly showing how agitated she was starting to get. She hadn't lost her cool yet though, that's all that mattered to her right now. Jinx wouldn't let this feline cause her to lose her streak. Not today. Not ever.

Just as the words left her mouth, she knew her mistake. If she'd learned anything by now, it was that he was simply going to manipulate her words into something he wanted to hear. Great... another thing I have to come back from, she thought bitterly, her hues narrowing a little bit. She wasn't very good at not expressing her thoughts in that moment. Something about Augustus just caused her talk when she knows she shouldn't.
[short x.x]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL