Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Back from the abyss

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The black warrior's hues narrowed and his body became tense at the younger cat's words. He doesn't need to be so rude. The cat thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth angrily as he watched the younger tom's expression. He hadn't been asking. Not in a polite ways, anyway...he had been more of demanding an answer. "You might want to reconsider the way you asked me that. I'm not going to answer until you do." He mewed, keeping his voice level. There was no way he was going to give this cat the satisfaction of hearing him lose his temper. Because as far as he could tell, that was what the younger tom was waiting for; for him to lose it. And he didn't want the cat going back to his friend and mentioning he had been mistreated.
Not only would that be a lie, but it would make him more frustrated then before. And he desperately wanted a good relationship with this younger cat. He seemed to be a good cat with a-- well-- not particularly broken heart, but a heart that had been crushed before. The tip of Obsidiansky's tail twitched as he watched the apprentice, standing completely still and wondering what the tom was going to do. He mentally prepared for a sharp, angry answer, though he didn't really want one...he would have rather had a softer, more gentle answer. But of course that was unlikely. From what he understood of Rainpaw, the tom was never in the mood to give a softer answer. Though perhaps he had the apprentice all wrong-- however much he doubted it.
Maybe he was being too judgmental, no matter how kind he thought he was being towards the young tom. He had been embarrassed, after all. But-- Rainpaw was going to have to learn that not everything was going to work out the way he wanted, whether he tried to bully cats into doing it for him or not.
His whiskers quivered for a moment but he tried to mask his annoyance. He was wrong to expect his mentor to just deal with his attitude but Rainpaw still wasn't used to being bossed around. "Oh forgive me Obsidiansky," Sarcasm dripped from his voice as he followed his comment with an eye roll but as he continued he started with a more respectful tone. "What do I need to know if I'm in a fight with a Thunderclan cat?" He hoped his comment hadn't crossed wherever his mentors line was. He half expected to get cuffed over the ears but he could tell Obsidiansky was trying to remain under control and couldn't imagine him lashing out-- after all Rainpaw had only just became a 'paw. His yellow gaze drifted over the division from moor to forest with wonder. His paws itched with eagerness to break out in a run and explore the territory. A wave of sadness washed over him, he would have loved to explore with his partner like he had done only a few moons back. Rainpaw shook his gray pelt as he decided this was not the time to reminisce. Stay out of my head! He glanced back up at the warrior and awaited his response.