View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2017, 01:37 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

The Bengal sat close by Moondancer's side, a nervous expression on his features. He had never thought of himself as a father. But now? Now he was. Just a few minutes ago he had come dashing into the nursery, terrified...though there wasn't really a reason to be. Moondancer was fine. The kits looked healthy enough. And yet Ocelotpath was still scared, wondering if something bad could have happened. There were five of them-- five beautiful kits. And they were his. His and Moondancer's. He was looking foward so much to seeing them grow up, watching them grow and learn...and most of all, someday be apprentices then warriors.
Perhaps they would have kits of their own someday. Don't jump that far ahead. One day at a time. He told himself. Who knew what the future would hold? Who knew what would happen? The tom could still feel his limbs shaking, a nervous expression on his features. The mixture of excitement, nervousness, and worry made him feel partly sick and partly thrilled. He didn't quite know what to do or say. "Th-they're beautiful. Just like their Mother." He finally managed to get out in a quiet voice. Three sons. Two daughters. Ocelotpath loved every one of them, and he knew he would always protect them... no matter what.
Silentkit. It's perfect. He thought, but he couldn't say anything. His vocal cords seemed to have failed him as he swallowed, trying desperately to speak, and finally settled for a nod. A nervous one, but at least he managed it at all. This was his first time as a Father. He didn't know what to do. He was afraid to touch any one of the kits, afraid to so much as speak in a voice above a whisper just in case he broke them by speaking too loudly, or touching them-- what if he scared them just by looking at them? Watching the kits now, it was impossible for him to believe that they would one day be warriors, fighting to defend and protect their clanmates.
One day they would die.
But until that day came, Ocelotpath was going to watch over them for as long as he could. Protect them for as long as he could. He listened as she named two more of the kits, and then a sudden shock went through him as she mentioned him naming the other two. Me? But I don't know any good names! He thought, before taking a deep breath. He could do this. Surely it wouldn't be too hard, right? And besides, if he had trouble, Moondancer could always help him. He glanced down at the two tiny bundles in front of him, swallowing slightly.
"How about...M-Mothkit for t-this one?" He suggested, looking at one of the two that looked more like him. He almost wished they had all looked like Moondancer-- she was such a pretty cat-- but then again, part of him was glad at the same time. He was honored to get to be a part of this. He only hoped that it wouldn't interfere too much with Moondancer being Deputy and everything... because things could quickly go downhill.
"And...Speckledkit for this one?" He mewed, glancing over at the other kit. If she agreed, then they were all named. Five kits. Three sons, two daughters. All beautiful. He thought, before glancing up at Moondancer again and smiling.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 21st, 2017 at 12:06 PM.