View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:17 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

‘’Hunterpaw, you should obey your brother. He is only trying to help.’’ Springwind says, slightly annoyed. Not only did he have to correct an out-of-line niece of his, but now he had to deal with a fuming apprentice. Great! Just great! The tom looked back at Alunapaw, who looked into the distance elsewhere. The brown and white she-cat saw her mentor, and closed her eyes. She actually enjoyed her mentor. He was really nice, considering he came from another clan. He also provided her attention that Hunterpaw took away from her. She wanted Springwind’s attention, his praise. She didn’t have her parents to give it to her. Springwind always been somewhat of a father to her, though he was her uncle.

Springwind decided to tell Eclipsemoon what happened. ‘’Well, I suppose it was my fault. I thought Hunterpaw would be able to pin Alunapaw down for a training session, but he wouldn’t even lay a paw on her pelt. Aluna, however...well, you’re her mentor. You know how she is.’’ The older tom replies, and twitches his ears. Alunapaw seemed to have heard him because her eyes were narrowed, staring the three down. Springwind motioned for her to come back, and with slight hesitation the feline did, coming up to them, and stepping closer to Eclipsemoon. She stared daggers at Hunterpaw, completely upset, yet sad. She didn’t know why she was sad, but she turned her head away to let out a deep sigh to keep herself from crying.

Springwind stepped towards his apprentice, looking the other two in the eyes. ‘’Aluna I want you to apologize.’’

‘’Why should I? I done nothing wrong!’’ Alunapaw snapped.

‘’You have hurt my apprentice-’’

‘’He had hurt me first!’’ Alunapaw sneered. Though she knew deep down that it wasn’t true. In that moment, whatever she said, it was the truth about her. She looked the tom over once more, wondering what was so great about him. How was he able to steal her uncle? How was he able to do a lot of things?

Alunapaw knew it all. She knew about his family life, she knew about his father and his brother. She knew why he flirted with other she-cats. At other times, she would aimlessly flirt with him whenever she was in the mood, or felt like he needed a good tease. Then other times, she was annoyed and furious at him. Example: right now. Right now, she felt like she didn’t meet his standards. She felt like he was throwing her under something because she was worthless.

How many others will know that she is worthless?

Springwind’s voice brought her back to reality. ‘’Oh, so he was the one who started the insults, huh? Face it Alunapaw, you’ve done something wrong--and it’s not the first time, and I believe Hunterpaw deserve an-’’

‘’I’m sorry. Ok.’’ Alunapaw says, her voice rushed and shaky. She felt her entire body shivering, remembering flashbacks--she didn’t know her mother, her father dies, she has a hard time being accepted in the clan by the other kits. Remembering her times alone. Her times in desperate measures. Her times when she only had her uncle to lean on. Then, Hunterpaw came, and apparently he needed all the love he could get because his family was just so messed up! ‘’I need to go.’’ Alunapaw says, and she turns around quickly and trots off. Springwind had called after her, but he knew his niece wasn’t coming back. He let his shoulder down. Had they always been tensed?

‘’I would go talk to her...but Eclipsemoon, maybe you could talk to her? I don’t know if you’ll be good at comforting her.’’ Springwind shrugged. ‘’But, Hunter and I have other things to do...like...running and keeping up endurance.’’ Springwind says, sadly. He could see in the distance that his niece was near a tree, and she plopped down, faced away from other cats. Her head was down. He knew what that meant. She couldn’t have been crying already, was she? She was such a spoiled sport. Springwind couldn’t help but believe Hunterpaw’s words were true. She had nothing to cry about. Nothing at all.

Hunterpaw hadnt had time to reply to anything, not the brother thing, not Springwind telling Eclipsemoon what had happened, nothing, before Alunapaw was back. His eyes scanned the she-cat warily, an unreadable emotion in his eyes. He didnt speak, until Alunapaw apologized.

"Nothing to be sorry for." He muttered, tensed, but that was only because Eclipsemoon was there, watching him quietly. His gaze turned to his brother as he shot him a fierce, angry glare. Deep inside he wanted to believe that Eclipse had done nothing wrong. Or had he? Hunter's mother was pregnant when she left him and his father, could that have been--

Hunterpaw felt his throat tighten and he turned his head away, closing his eyes. He barely heard anything around him now.

Eclipsemoon sighed, watching Alunapaw walk off, before looking at Springwind. "I think she needs some time." He said hesitantly, then looked down at Hunterpaw. "Hunterpaw, you okay?"

"Stop acting concerned and go." Hunterpaw growled, trying to keep his voice steady. A part of him wasnt truly mad at his brother, another part of him wanted to lunge.

"I am concerned." Eclipsemoon retorted. "You're my--"

"Dont!" Hunterpaw's eyes snapped open. "You're not my brother!"

"Hunterpaw!" Eclipsemoon let out a short sigh. Hunterpaw always said this when he tried to talk to him. Eclipse never understood. "I am, we're blood--"

"Blood doesnt always mean family." Hunterpaw looked away when he said the words, a vague memory flashing before his eyes.

"And family doesnt always mean blood." Eclipsemoon's expression changed to one of understanding.

"Taught you that too huh?" Hunterpaw sighed, carefully avoiding Eclipse's gaze. His expression was now unreadable.

"Yeah." Eclipsemoon frowned for a long moment. "Hunterpaw, what are you afraid of?"

"Im not afraid of anything." Hunterpaw growled, closing his eyes. Eclipsemoon shook his head faintly, not believing his brother for a second.

"You run from she-cat to she-cat." He stated, making Hunter snort, but he went on. "You never stay in a relationship with one of them for more than two weeks and then you move on to the next. You dont talk to any of your siblings besides Snowpaw and Curlypaw, you refuse to make good friends with any cats, and you dont even talk to me. Why? Because I come from another Clan?"

"Are you...Are you an IDIOT?!" Hunterpaw found himself raising his voice, hissing as he turned to his brother. "You think I care about what Clan you come from? Im half-Clan! There arent many cats in WindClan who like half-Clan scum like me!" Eclipsemoon opened his mouth to speak but Hunterpaw interrupted. "I'm afraid of getting hurt, okay? Before he met my step-mother, I saw it. I saw the pain on my father's face every time a she-cat walked out because he's not good enough. And I don't want that, that's what i'm trying to avoid! And I dont talk to you because you'll leave as soon as I get close! You'll leave just like both my moms did, and like my father! Everyones going to leave!"

"Im not going anywhere!" Eclipsemoon raised his voice so the apprentice would hear him. "I havent left yet, what makes you think im gonna leave now? And whats the deal with being half-Clan? Im from ThunderCl--"

"Dont even try to act like you understand." Hunterpaw spat. "You're full ThunderClan, but you came here. Thats not the same as being half-Clan!"

"I came here, you're right. And im not leaving!" Eclipsemoon growled. "I liked where I was born, but--"

"Then go back!" Hunterpaw snarled, fur spiking up.

"But the only thing I didnt like was that I didnt get to know my brother!" Eclipsemoon snarled back, finishing his sentence.

"Quit acting like you care! You're just like my dad!"

"HEY! If anyones 'just like your dad' its you!"

Hunterpaw's eyes widened in shock. "How dar--Okay. Yeah, thats true." He stopped, looking down at his paws. He didnt want to be like his father, but...

"You both flirt around and play with the she-cats. You both only DO that because you're afraid of getting hurt. He left, he abandoned his family." He was right. "You wanna know something though?"

"What?" Hunterpaw growled, ears flat.

"You're my brother." Eclipsemoon said simply.

"Im not....Ugh, so what?" Hunterpaw snapped, glaring up at him. His next words had the glare melting.

"So im not going to let my brother throw away his life." Eclipsemoon stared down at him, his face hard and soft at the same time. "I dont care what you say, whether you call me your brother or not. I came here to get to know you. And I dont care whether I really know you or what you show me, but im not going to let you do anything you're going to regret. Im not going to let you sit around like your father, or run after some crazy she-cat, or let you never understand love. You dont deserve that, Hunter, you dont deserve that kind of pain." He said quietly. Then he simply turned and padded off toward Alunapaw.

Hunterpaw watched him go, completely and utterly confused. He had nothing to say, and even if he did he doubted his ability to speak at the moment. A pang went through his heart. Guilt, regret, anger...But no longer for Eclipsemoon. Hunterpaw let his shoulders drop and wondered how long they'd been tensed. For the first time ever as he watched his brother walk off, Hunter wanted him to come back. He wanted to know if Eclipse really did care. Could it be possible? Could someone actually care?

You dont deserve that kind of pain.

Hunterpaw still couldnt say anything, simply staring at Eclipse's retreating form with only one thing on his mind;

Maybe.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust