Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:48 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad company View Post

His eyes watched, as the first eight stepped up to give her lives. Indeed, he was proud, more proud than anyone could imagine. Fiercestorm had watched over her as she became deputy. And now, he was here to give her her last life, one she needed most of all. One thing he was known for. Wisdom.

Finally he stepped up. At first his starry pelt was covered in darkness, but as he neared his colours and shape began to take form. The large tom finally reached her, and a smile grew on his maw. "Snowsong. My lovely daughter. Look at how much you have grown." he started, then cleared his throat. "Snowsong, I give you the life of wisdom. So that you may know the moral rights, and that you can see evil from good, and make the best decisions for your clan." he purred, and then pressed his nose with hers.

"You are now Snowstar." Fiercestorm whispered. "Go to your clan. Lead them well. I know you can." he said, his eyes gleaming before he stepped back, his head held high as he looked down at his daughter. "I am always watching."
Snowsong's eyes widened as her father padded forward, and she was rooted where she stood, watching. Her heart was beating faster and faster with each moment, her throat feeling tight, and she blinked back the tears filling her eyes. Once again she was reminded of Blackstorm, of what he did, and why she could never let him back in. Snowsong let everyone in. She trusted everyone. But her brother was the one exception.

Snowsong continued to force back her tears and gazed up at her father, the Siamese unable to help a small smile as he spoke to her, and she dipped her head. "Daddy..." She whispered, closing her eyes before raising up. Her fathers touch was gentle, as gentle as they were when he was alive. She felt it all pouring into her, the wisdom, the knowledge, and she found herself drinking it up, wanting more of it, wanting to be exactly like Fiercestorm. I'll make him proud.

As Fiercestorm stepped back and announced her new name, Snowsong - No, Snowstar, gazed up at him with both pain and happiness, glad to see her father, even if it was only for this time. "Thank you, Daddy," She murmured, glancing around. "Thank all of you." She returned her gaze to Fiercestorm, and managed a soft smile at her father. She could feel the dream fading now.

Snowstar took a deep breath, shutting her eyes, allowing herself to return back to the waking world. It was done. She was leader.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust