Thread: Retribution
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2017, 11:57 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Cloffheart was torn in two. Save her, or kill him. He was the one who caused all this. End him before he ended anyone else, like Redkit, or Sagekit, or Strikerkit. Onyx could very well come back and get every last member of his family. But that would be later. Scorched needed him now. She wasn't going to last long without help. He made one last move, something Onyx could remember them for. He raised his paw and slashed down hard, slicing his shoulder. "Now leave...my family...my Stars....alone." He said, his tone final, thick, and firm. His pale green hues were loosing that initial flame of panic and fear. He stepped off, tail lashing behind him, not turning his back for a moment, knowing it could provoke an open spot for attack. He ran back to his mate who was pouring out blood. He glanced up wildly, no noticing Beachkit talking to Scorched. "Some cat help me!" He cried, his voice desperately pleading for help. He looked down in time to see her talking. "No no Scorched...don't leave me. I need you. You...you are my Star. You are my only one. I can't I won't do this without you. Don't leave me no..." He was panicking now, placing his paws on the most severe wounds. He had to save her. She couldn't die on him. It couldn't end here, not like this.

Beachkit was staring, horrified at his mother. So those thing he had heard the elders talking about, death, that thing that happened to the cats who went on those patrols. They left here. That's what he knew. That once something was dead, it wasn't here anymore. And that meant no Mommy to snuggle with in the nest, no one to love him except his father. He needed her too. She couldn't leave him. "Mommy, I don't know how. I can't...I'm not a Twin Star, that you and Daddy, not me. Dint go Mommy." Silent tears streamed down his face at the thought that this was her last. He buried his small head in her blood soaked fur,my ears making it worse.
Onyx yowled, and laughed as he spoke his last words. "I'll come back.. and I'll win again." he said darkly, and ran off.

Scorchedpetal felt her kit crying, heard her mate begging. She lifted her tail, wiping Cliffheart's eyes. "Shh..." was all se could muster in that moment, and she put enough strength to lift her head and rub her head under his chin, before it fell again. The pain that wracked through her was fading as she became numb. "If I die, know your twin star's in the sky... watching over you. Be strong, both of you, please... He will return..." she said, and cringed in pain. She could feel the pulsing of her heart in near her wounds, blood seeping from them. She didn't know what to say now. She had nothing to say yet again.

"Cliffheart. You are such a wonderful mate... I don't know what I would have done without you in my life..." she said, smiling. "Look at the kits we had, and they love you, a hero to them..." she huffed, and licked Beachkit again as he cried. "Oh, Beachkit. Don't cry..." she cooed softly. "I will always be with you, everytime you sleep, just prey before you rest, and I'll be there..." she said. "Smile before you sleep and your dreams will be ever sweet..." { yes i just did that } she said, and looked up at Cliffheart. "Take care of them... You are all they have... left..." she coughed, more blood seeping from her maw.

"I... love you..." she said, and her tail fell limply over her kit, her eyes fading as they closed, her breathing slowed drastically as she fell unconscious. She could feel her soul separating from her body. She could see her mate and kit crying, and she could see approaching warriors, and she could see the battle fading more and more. She wanted to stay, for them, but she also wanted to leave, for them. She would be a burden to have to take care of, and she didn't want that, but she knew how Cliffheart would end up. So, her spirit stood in the midst of everything, as she looked down at them. Would she leave, or stay?