View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
His affection for Nightleap was different from all of those other she-cats that he had messed around with. Gradually, throughout Snakesnap’s conversation with Nightleap, he had realized that in the way that he acted around her. He was more sincere, more attentive. Nightleap had always been there, throughout all of his flings. Gazing off into the trees with their abundance of newly green leaves, he felt his heartbeat quicken with every word that she said. Nightleap was his friend; that was what she had said just then. She isn’t in love with me, he confirmed, a rock settling itself in his chest and pushing down, giving him a sinking feeling. One of disappointment—and was that a tinge of sorrow, grazing the surface and almost showing in his expression. Quickly, he stilled his face, masking his subtle unhappiness. He didn’t know what he was to say; should he go out and say that he loved her more than just a friend..?

At Nightleap saying his name once more, he looked over at her with curiosity replacing his earlier stone-cold expression. Listening to what she had to say, Snakesnap froze. It seemed that Nightleap had done his work for him. He closed his eyes, inhaling deeply. She might love me. Admittedly, he was rather nervous, unsure how he should respond. Having not expected it yet still hoping for this moment in some subconscious part of him, his body didn’t know how to react. For the moment, all he did was repeat the words that she had said in his mind, over and over. She’s in love with me. The single sentence cycled through his brain and began to fade as the snowshoe warrior calmed himself. Snakesnap opened his eyes and let out his breath along with his fears. It would be alright. After a moment of hesitation, he said what he had yearned to say to someone since first rejecting a molly.

“I love you too.”

His words were careful and his speech was slowed, giving him time to think before finishing his sentence. One sentence, and yet it held so much meaning. With their confessions, Snakesnap couldn’t help but wonder: were they to become mates? Or would they leave it at that, both unable to ask the other due to their histories? He could only wait. Time would tell.
((AAHHH OUR LITTLE BABIES ARE GROWING UP XD))

Nightleap smiled at his words. Her ears perked and her overall stance turned upsidedown with excitement. But, the question remained; what happens next? As the dark feline bounded up to her newfound love like a happy-go-lucky kit, she thought about it. Would they become mates now that they confessed their love to each other? A part of her wanted to, but then there was a good chance at kits, which she didn't want to have for fear of losing them. The molly mentally shook her head as she nuzzled Snakesnap's chest. It was the first time she had ever felt his soft underfur, though the fact that both of them were so skinny and malnourished made it a very boney experience for the she-cat.
'He loves me...' was all she could think about while inhaling his scent. She had been this close to a cat only once before, and that's when she was brutally reminded of her past relationships, romantic and non. She froze where she sat for but a moment as she remembered Wolfpaw, as well as her first and second mates. She didn't want it to happen to Snakesnap. She pulled away slightly and looked up into his eyes.
"Snakesnap, what happens now?"