View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Wolfglare huffed at her comment about the warmer seasons. He knew that she clearly knew that during those seasons, he was a mess. He got extremely hot very quickly, and the only time he relished during that season was the night. He usually slept during the day, and then hunted and patrolled during the night, when it was a whole lot cooler than during the day. Yes, Wolfglare was a night cat, even in the colder seasons. His coat kept him nice and warm, and he could easily blend in with the darkness of night.

"You know I won't be doing too well during the warmer seasons." Wolfglare meowed, no hint of any emotion in his voice. If he was out for too long during the day, then Wolfglare could easily get sick with heat exhaustion and other things like that. And the tom hated being sick. Or weak for that matter.
At her next statement, Wolfglare's icy eyes showed the slightest bit of surprise, surprise that his sister was talking ill of their leader out loud. But, that surprise was quickly replaced by agreement. He knew very well of the rank changes happening in Shadowclan, and did not approve of them. If there was one thing this dark-furred tom loved, it was his clan. Just not specifically the cats in the clan. He wanted a strong leader to rise from their ranks, to take control of Shadowclan and lead them to their former glory. Halestar was a weak leader, Wolfglare agreed. And he wasn't to fond of Cloverwhisker and Moondancer as well. He just hoped that the new medicine cat had some potential.
"Yes, I am aware of the frequent rank changes. I sure hope that a new, stronger leader rises from our ranks soon." Wolfglare meowed, making sure to keep his deep voice quiet, so that it did not resonate around the clearing.
Forestpelt's green hues gleamed ever so slightly, but she kept her maw shut. She had already known that her brother didn't do well during the warmer seasons; but she had wanted to irritate him. Irritation. It was what seemed to keep Forestpelt going sometimes, and while it was no pleasant thing, not to mention she was quite annoying while doing it, she didn't care. Who would? After all, all siblings fought. She knew this quite well. She had known it since the day she met Dawnstorm-- which most cats still didn't know about. She kept it a careful secret, though he was long gone. Why hadn't she been more loyal back then? Why had she been so... so careless with her heart? And then that filthy WindClanner had broken it. Thank goodness she was going to be more careful now.

She was smarter now.

At his own agreement, Forestpelt looked a little surprised. True; she knew that Wolfglare most likely wouldn't be pleased with all the rank changing happening. It was a mark of a weaker leader, after all. If Halestar was really that paranoid then she shouldn't be leading a Clan at all. And yet, she was. Why? Forestpelt couldn't possibly imagine. "Perhaps someday. ShadowClan's fallen a long ways from our original power. I don't think the other Clans are as intimidated by us anymore." Because of Halestar. It was all the leader's fault, she had made ShadowClan much weaker.

Why had Blazingnight died?

The old leader had been much stronger and more capable of leading the Clan. And yet those stupid SkyClan cats had come and ruined everything. No more fear and mystery. Just openness and a leader who was more paranoid then any other cat Forestpelt had met. "Was there something in particular you needed to talk about, brother? It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of your company." Her voice held a sarcastic note, but she was truly curious about this.

No one just wanted to hear another cat speak.

Smokepaw's ears flattened and he looked in the other direction, trying to find anything else to look at but Leopardpaw in that moment. It had been a dumb thing to say. He knew that. Why would he tell her that? Of course he meant it... but it was still not the best of compliments. If he had really wanted to make her feel good there were so many other things to say, and yet they had all left his mind in that one moment. That one second. Was there something wrong with him? No one needed to answer that question. Smokepaw already knew that. And, he was used to being brushed off when he complimented other cats. He'd come on too strong with Crimsonmoon-- Crimsonpaw at the time, and he'd had to learn that his words were more powerful then he thought they were.

But he did think her name was nice.

And her appearance was unique, unlike any other that he had seen. There were always cool-looking cats hanging around. But Leopardpaw seemed to top them with one of the most unusual appearances Smokepaw had ever seen. And he had thought Crimsonpaw was unique. Well, it looked like he could retract that thought... she was gone anyways, so it didn't matter. But he was learning. He was healing. And he would now be able to figure out what had happened to her someday. Why hadn't Bravestep been able to save Crimsonmoon? Even though she had rejected him, he still cared about her.

And she was gone from him now.

They would never see each other, at least on earth, again. "I... I do, uh... it's really-- really nice." Okay. At least he'd said something. Finally. At her remark about her age, his ears went back again and he looked down at the ground. Another wrong comment? Really? "Oh. Who, uh... who's your, your mentor... heh..." What was with him? Was it really this hard to carry on a simple conversation with a perfectly lovely cat? She was trying to be nice-- at least he thought she was. Maybe she thought he was stupid.

But again... only she knew.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; May 10th, 2017 at 01:05 PM.