View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2017, 01:18 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Smokepaw's ears flattened and he looked in the other direction, trying to find anything else to look at but Leopardpaw in that moment. It had been a dumb thing to say. He knew that. Why would he tell her that? Of course he meant it... but it was still not the best of compliments. If he had really wanted to make her feel good there were so many other things to say, and yet they had all left his mind in that one moment. That one second. Was there something wrong with him? No one needed to answer that question. Smokepaw already knew that. And, he was used to being brushed off when he complimented other cats. He'd come on too strong with Crimsonmoon-- Crimsonpaw at the time, and he'd had to learn that his words were more powerful then he thought they were.

But he did think her name was nice.

And her appearance was unique, unlike any other that he had seen. There were always cool-looking cats hanging around. But Leopardpaw seemed to top them with one of the most unusual appearances Smokepaw had ever seen. And he had thought Crimsonpaw was unique. Well, it looked like he could retract that thought... she was gone anyways, so it didn't matter. But he was learning. He was healing. And he would now be able to figure out what had happened to her someday. Why hadn't Bravestep been able to save Crimsonmoon? Even though she had rejected him, he still cared about her.

And she was gone from him now.

They would never see each other, at least on earth, again. "I... I do, uh... it's really-- really nice." Okay. At least he'd said something. Finally. At her remark about her age, his ears went back again and he looked down at the ground. Another wrong comment? Really? "Oh. Who, uh... who's your, your mentor... heh..." What was with him? Was it really this hard to carry on a simple conversation with a perfectly lovely cat? She was trying to be nice-- at least he thought she was. Maybe she thought he was stupid.

But again... only she knew.
Leopardpaw looked down at her paws, knowing he was trying to avoid looking at her. Great. She'd made things awkward. Right? She always seemed to do that. Sighing, she ducked her head and pinned her rather large ears back against her head, gazing at the grass with a deep frown on her maw. Her blue hues flickered with mixed emotions. The awkward silence carried on, but Leopard didnt mind it honestly. If it was silent, she wasnt being bullied or put down.

Something she was all too used to.

Leopardpaw wanted to stand up to all the cats that were mean to her, but she didnt know how. She was scared of them. Sure, they only verbally abused her, but what if it turned physical the moment she tried to step up. Leopardpaw shivered at the thought, deciding she liked it better just being put down. At least she wasnt getting hurt. Physically. Emotionally, she was bleeding. Shifting positions again, since she could never seem to get comfortable, Leopardpaw glanced up at Smokepaw before looking down again. She wasnt scared of him anymore. In fact, she was starting to like him.

But things were just really, really awkward now.

Leopardpaw wanted to laugh, finding it almost funny. Funny-sad. It was always awkward with her. "Thanks." She murmured, her voice still low as she gazed down. When Smokepaw brought up mentors, Leopardpaw blinked in confusion and looked up at him. "M..Mentor? O..Oh. I dont ha..Have one." Her ears flattened even more, the frown on her face deepening as she looked away. She wasnt sure why she didnt have one - Probably because nobody wanted to try and train the frightful apprentice.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust