View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post

@Brooklyn Trees

The moon was cast high in the sky, illuminating the world around Aconiteheart as he followed the worn path to the Starcave. While he never experienced the trail in life, he was certain he could find the cave without the light. Being confined to the earth during Ebonypaw's training gave him the advantage of exploring the unfamiliar territory.

Ducking into the mouth of the cave, more out of instinct than necessity, the spotted tabby vanished from sight, swallowed by darkness. They were fortunate the narrow tunnel shepherded them towards the center of the cave, opening up to the cavernous room that housed the stone. Light flooded into the cavern through holes in the ceiling, and the spirit closed the distance between the crystallized rock.

"Ebonypaw," Aconiteheart acknowledged the apprentice accompanying him, turning from the crystal to face the tuxedo feline. "Are you ready to receive your full medicine cat name?"
A feline padded quietly after the spirit, though the soft sound of her paws connecting with the earth below seemed louder than they should with such silence about the two of them as they headed towards the Starcave.
When she left this place tonight her name would be changed for the rest of her moons, and she would leave the name of Ebonypaw behind.

All her life to this point she had carried the suffix that she knew would be hers for that time far before it came. Kit when she was younger, and paw once she was apprenticed.
It was the name she held now that was hers when she last believed that she would be becoming a warrior, and this name when her path was altered to follow medicine.

She bowed her head as she slipped through the entrance of the Starcave as to not hit her head on the roof of the opening, and looked up at the stone and the spirit tom who stood before it.
She was caught again by the beauty of the Starcave. The place where she could talk to her ancestors and the bodiless forms of the great felines of the past.

Ebonypaw looked up at her mentor to look into his eyes. Would he stay once this was done with?
"I am." She said, voice calm and closed off despite the excitement that may have shone in her eyes the moment she opened her maw.

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.

Last edited by BEAR.; May 22nd, 2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: fixed quote content