View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:16 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
A feline padded quietly after the spirit, though the soft sound of her paws connecting with the earth below seemed louder than they should with such silence about the two of them as they headed towards the Starcave.
When she left this place tonight her name would be changed for the rest of her moons, and she would leave the name of Ebonypaw behind.

All her life to this point she had carried the suffix that she knew would be hers for that time far before it came. Kit when she was younger, and paw once she was apprenticed.
It was the name she held now that was hers when she last believed that she would be becoming a warrior, and this name when her path was altered to follow medicine.

She bowed her head as she slipped through the entrance of the Starcave as to not hit her head on the roof of the opening, and looked up at the stone and the spirit tom who stood before it.
She was caught again by the beauty of the Starcave. The place where she could talk to her ancestors and the bodiless forms of the great felines of the past.

Ebonypaw looked up at her mentor to look into his eyes. Would he stay once this was done with?
"I am." She said, voice calm and closed off despite the excitement that may have shone in her eyes the moment she opened her maw.
In a way, the Starcave reminded the old tom of the Whispering Cave he once frequented, and the sensation of being in a similar but .. not the same location was an odd one to him. He always imagined Ebonypaw would be given her full name under the same cavern as her ancestors once had, not under a difference setting. She would be the first SkyClan medicine cat to be appointed as the other Clans had.

"Before we proceed," he murmured, "I want to say I'm proud of you. You've come a long way from the uncertain warrior apprentice that was thrown down a significantly different path. It's been an honor to not only guide you, but to have met you. This is the last time we'll meet under these skies - StarClan willing we might meet again in StarClan, but beyond that I can not say. SkyClan now resides in your paws, and your paws alone until you decide to take on your own apprentice. I know you'll serve them well. Now.."

"I, Aconiteheart, a medicine cat of StarClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her Clan for many moons. Ebonypaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules