Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post

In a way, the Starcave reminded the old tom of the Whispering Cave he once frequented, and the sensation of being in a similar but .. not the same location was an odd one to him. He always imagined Ebonypaw would be given her full name under the same cavern as her ancestors once had, not under a difference setting. She would be the first SkyClan medicine cat to be appointed as the other Clans had.

"Before we proceed," he murmured, "I want to say I'm proud of you. You've come a long way from the uncertain warrior apprentice that was thrown down a significantly different path. It's been an honor to not only guide you, but to have met you. This is the last time we'll meet under these skies - StarClan willing we might meet again in StarClan, but beyond that I can not say. SkyClan now resides in your paws, and your paws alone until you decide to take on your own apprentice. I know you'll serve them well. Now.."

"I, Aconiteheart, a medicine cat of StarClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her Clan for many moons. Ebonypaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
The tuxedo feline was surprised by his words. She had not expected him to say something like that, but he continued to speak before she could even think of something to say in return.
In a way she was glad that he had done so. What would she have said?

She inhaled. Slowly. Things would be changing after this. A whole new chapter or a single leaf on yet another tree. If things were peaceful then it was possible that she would not see Aconiteheart again until she went to Starclan herself.
So many promises that she was making now. Some easier in thought than others.
Uphold the ways of a Medicine Cat.
Stand apart from Clan to Clan rivalry.
Protect everyone equally, even if I must die to do so.
These were the promises she was openly making, those that were now being asked of her.
There were other promises that she was asking of herself too though.

So soon she would be dropping the name of Ebonypaw forever. Ebonypaw silently tried to let go of this name. This name that she had brought from the old territory where she was born.
Exhale.
"I do."

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.