View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2017, 01:46 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
"Perhaps I do," the she-cat mewed with purr, but Canineheart suddenly regretted her words, realizing that it was a bit suggestive in a sense... Her cheeks tinged with pink as she pawed the ground nervously, her heart pounding in her ears. Please tell me he didn't hear me... She pleaded to StarClan... Perhaps her ancestors would listen to her for once, and let her have this one slip. It wasn't that she hated the tom,Canineheart just didn't have that sort of feelings for him quite yet; Obsidiansky was a good friend, yes, but she didn't want him thinking of her that way-- as a crush rather than a pal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post

"Didn't realize you could be knocked out by the sun so easily..." Canineheart muttered with a bit of an embarrassed glint to her emerald eyes. "Explains why a little she-cat like me can tackle you like that," she teased with a friendly sneer, her tail flicking, trying to distract Obsidiansky from her former words. Please, please, please, please... Canineheart repeated over and over again, trying to persuade the clan above to listen to her. Canineheart needed time before she told anyone if she had a crush on some tom. She needed time to figure out who she liked.

What if Obsidiansky is the one? A voice above her pleas echoed in the back of her mind. I don't know yet, so keep quite... Canineheart whispered to herself. She didn't need another friend turning their back on her because of the stupid things she says.

"Oh..." Canineheart said after a moment of hesitation, "I... Well..." Her eyes dropped to the ground, focusing on a small clump of grass. "I guess... Uh, after standing up to my friends and telling them that I don't want the kind of toms their trying to pair me up with... they..." Canineheart winced as though someone were touching a fresh wound on her shoulder. Her ears flipped back with dismay as her shoulders sunk. "They sort of told me that they were only trying to help me, and were never my friends... I-it's stupid right...? They act like we are still apprentices," Canineheart gave a forced laugh, trying to calm herself as tears started to well in her eyes.

"I'm stupid," Canineheart muttered, "For even caring about this..." She shook her head and looked at Obsidiansky, "Sorry for spilling this on you... It just feels like I have no one else..."

Well of course you have no one else, because you do this to them...

The dark tom cocked his head to the side, not quite having caught her words.
"What was that?"
He mewed with a short laugh, only to hear her tease him. This was what their friendship was like. They teased each other, right? He'd been playing earlier. She got that. Surely she had gotten that, had he made her feel weird? But, he quickly tried to come up with a retort before he actually did make her feel weird. "Oh, come on! Besides, did it ever occur to you maybe I'm the little one?" He mewed, a teasing glint in his hues as he spoke. Of course, she was somewhat smaller then him. Even so it wasn't doing any harm to mess around a little, not as far as he knew. Her hesitation at his question, however, proved him wrong. Something was up, otherwise she wouldn't be acting this way. And while he didn't claim to know everything about her, he knew enough to know that she wouldn't act like this.

And then she told him. What she said made him furious. "They said what?" He asked, his voice dangerously low and soft. That was enough to make any cat frustrated, but he was so angry he would have fought every single one of those cats. Why would they do that? They would just discard her when she decided to stand up to them? "You're right. That is stupid they would say that. They never should have told you they were your friends in the first place. I'm really, really sorry, Canineheart..." His voice trailed off and he sighed. What else was there to say? He was sorry, of course, but there was no way to mend this. There was no way to get her friends back and after hearing what they had said, he wasn't sure that he would if there was a way. If only he hadn't encouraged her to stand up to them. But, if she hadn't things could start getting worse as far as their selections in toms.

"You are not stupid for caring about that, and I hope you don't really believe that..."
He could hardly believe what she had said. "But as far as you 'spilling this on me,' I wouldn't have it any other way. It means a lot that you trust me enough to tell me about this. It's important to me that you never feel bad about telling me things, okay?" He mewed gently, giving her a worried look. So quickly playfulness had turned to a more serious conversation. And yet, Obsidiansky wouldn't have had it any other way.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.