View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:32 PM

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom was awfully touchy with her, but it was comforting to Asterpaw. She had never known her father. So, the fact that Buzzardstride was acting like a fatherly figure towards her-- the fact that he was being so friendly-- it meant a lot to her. His words were calm. Sweet. Friendly. He was talking to her as a friend, not as a clanmate... not just letting her know that 'Dusk Syndicate cats are evil and he deserved to die,' but that she wasn't a murderer. He was reminding her that cats cared about her. Everyone made mistakes. Everyone messed up. And, she wasn't the first one to do something wrong. She hadn't meant to. Everyone knew that, didn't they? Everyone knew that. They realized that she hadn't meant to. They realized that it had been a mistake. Those who knew what she had done, anyways. "Thank... thank you, Buzzardstride. I really appreciate you being so friendly towards me. It means a lot." No one had been there for her since after the battle. She hadn't thought to go to Ebonyfrost's den-- but maybe that was where Alabasterpaw and Azulpaw were. She would be glad if the young tom was safe, and being taken care of like he needed to. That gash had been bad. She knew the damage her sister could inflict. At least, he hadn't been doing it for her again. At least she knew he had fought back this time, not just taking it to keep her safe. At least she knew that things were going to be okay now. He was going to be okay.
Buzzardstride was more than happy to help Asterpaw, honestly, it was kind of his job, he wanted the best for his clanmates and it was fairly understandable, he had grown close to his clan, they were his family and no one would ever change that, he leaned down and licked the top of the apprentice's head. "No need to thank me, Asterpaw, what means a lot to me is that you're here and that you're still safe, that you're able to tell me your problems so that we can find- even if it's not always the best option, a way to fix your problems." He mewed, his tail caressing the back of her head, after all, during all this time in here, he had learned a lot, but he wasn't gonna let a clanmate go through the stress of killing another cat, it was a part of the clan life, and she would probably have to do it again. One of the many surprising facts about this tom was that, even with how fatherly he was, he had no mate, no kits, no family around, he had just learned to care about others than simply himself, he hated putting himself in first because he knew others had problems as well. Finally pressing his muzzle into the she-cat's fur, the warrior shut his eyes and breathed in her wonderful scent, his tail curling around one of her ears and stroking it lightly. "Asterpaw, as long as you'll be alright, I will be as well, remember that." The tom mewed softly.