View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2017, 01:46 AM
Gone jellyfishin'

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
At her sudden inability to speak, Blazingcomet's hues widened. What was going on? Why was she acting like it was harder for her to talk now? Was she okay? Nervous, the ginger tom shifted his weight. She cats could be moody. Hopefully Drizzleshard wouldn't get too moody. He could still remember the look on Gingerblossom's face, the sudden breakdown... whatever had happened there, he didn't want to go through it again. Her question caught him off guard. That had happened a lot lately; am I losing my game? Blazingcomet thought. He'd always been able to do things perfectly. Losing his game wasn't possible. Oh no. The ginger tom was absolutely sure that he was just fine, right? He was doing perfectly fine. "You're the first." Blazingcomet mewed, in his special, smooth, sugary-sweet purr. It was demeaning, to be honest. He'd found with a couple it made them feel like they were stupid. But hopefully the grey feline wouldn't pick up on that too much. And the fact that it was a lie wouldn't help him whatsoever... she cats normally liked honesty.
Drizzleshard felt a spark of warmth grow inside her at Blazingcomet's surprise, though she thought it was directed towards her apology, not her sudden mood change. She was about to respond- I'm not all heartless!- when Blazingcomet responded. His words, an obvious lie, echoed in her head. He's just flirting, telling me what he thinks I want to hear. I want to hear the truth, not a lie! she thought, almost pitying the orange tom. He couldn't have made it more obvious, especially with his tone. "Well. It's very pretty. Thanks for showing me. Now, if you don't mind, I... just have to leave," the mottled feline said, unable to find an excuse. A small growl grew in her throat, but not loud enough for Blazingcomet to hear. "You just stay here, okay? No need to follow me," she finished, having already turned around. Her face screwed up in emotional pain, she fled down the hill, and raced through the territory, though not to camp, but to a small break in the trees by a small, bubbling stream. Once there, Drizzleshard sat in a small dip in the ground where she had obviously been before. She had probably made the dip. The gray-and-silver she-cat whispered to herself quietly, gazing up at the darkening sky.