View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:12 AM
The Lord Doitsu

My Mood: Thirsty

Cool Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Onyxpaw was shocked to feel Halestar softly push at his leg. He had been pouting and being miserable before being disturbed by his mentor, bringing on a bout of surprise for a brief moment. He was quick to recover, rolling his shoulders as to gather himself. He scowled at Halestar's instructions, silently calling her a know-it-all, though he was aware that as a mentor, it was a requirement for her to perfect his technique. He simply knew how to hold a grudge.

``How's this?`` Onyxpaw questioned with genuine interest. Though he currently felt anger towards Halestar, he was excited to learn how to hunt. He was on his way to becoming a warrior! He had shifted his weight now, evenly distributing it. Before Halestar could even respond or test his position, he continued to speak, ``What now? Do I jump?``
"Much better." Halestar quickly responded, crouching down to his position and looking at him with a small smile- hiding her strain for patience. She said a quick word to StarClan, praying for patience with his apprentice, before continuing about how to hunt. "No, you don't jump until you are close enough to your prey. You carefully stalk forward, keeping your weight on your toes and being as gentle as you can. Any noise will alert the prey that you are coming- and that's not very good. Keep your pawsteps light and follow me. We will be walking through the edges of the training ground, trying to find a mouse or toad to get." she mewed quietly, carefully stalking towards the outer edges of the training area.

I once killed a man in his sleep with his own mustache and a grape. - Germany