View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:50 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan | ShadowClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Minkpaw followed Amberflame again, repeating what they did on the last short trek from border to border. They would stray a few fox-lengths to curiously sniff at a plant or a dry leaf. Then they'd race back to their mentor's side, only to stray again at the interesting, soft rustle of a nearby bush. However, in the end, they always ended up back at Amberflame's side.

Once they reached the place Amberflame desired, Minkpaw remained still, seating themselves comfortably as they listened to their mentor's lecture. Instead of avoiding a ShadowClan cat, like Amberflame requested - or, actually, ordered - they wanted to meet one. After all, not all ShadowClan cats would be as heartless as the older feline made them sound... right?

Minkpaw, besides wondering what it would be like to share an encounter with a member from a rival Clan, noted how coldly Amberflame spoke of ShadowClan. They wondered why that was, but didn't care all too much to have their mentor explain. They simply figured Amberflame had a bad run-in with a ShadowClan cat, resulting in some bad blood between Amberflame and the entire Clan.

In order to show Amberflame they had heard her, and understood what she said, Minkpaw nodded rather aggressively. Their head bobbed up and down until they felt the beginning affects of a headache.
At Minkpaw's aggressive nod, Amberflame sighed. The tip of her tail twitched as though anticipating something much better sometime soon and she flicked it, signaling to Minkpaw to follow her. "Good. I think that's everything - you may be done for the day, but please take the time to practice your crouch. And don't go near the borders." Poor Minkpaw, getting stuck with such a stubborn mentor as Amberflame. She was trying to be friendlier, but it was hard... and she knew that Minkpaw was probably tired of her constantly negative attitude. In an attempt to be more friendly, she managed to smile at the younger feline. "Or, if you would prefer, we can work on some more hunting techniques?" That wasn't being too assertive, and it was giving her apprentice a choice. She assumed Minkpaw would make some reaction to that one if she preferred it... hopefully the mute apprentice would find a way to get her mentor's attention. Otherwise? This was going to be a long few minutes before Amberflame finally understood what was happening.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.