View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2017, 06:38 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan | ShadowClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Minkpaw breezily dismissed Amberflame's command to avoid the borders, as well as their mentor's request to practice their crouch. Why would they intentionally take time out of their own day to practice when training sessions were for practicing? They could use their free time for something even more productive, such as lying around and eating some plump mice. Maybe they could make a few friends!

Brightening at Amberflame's obviously-forced smile that still, somehow, fueled their joy, Minkpaw listened intently to their mentor's following words. Because when Amberflame smiled, something good was sure to follow! And something really good, because Amberflame doesn't seem like the one to smile for nothing. And actually, Minkpaw felt that the offer to work on hunting techniques was better than good. But they wondered when they'd get to fighting, because then they wouldn't have to be so quiet and still. They'd then be capable of being sorta noisy and moving around a lot.

Minkpaw let their opinion be known. Driven by excitement, the young apprentice silently gasped before launching themselves towards Amberflame. And instead of full-on attacking their mentor, they smoothly slid around the older feline and began to bounce circles around her. They believed that happily tackling Amberflame would result in something horrible, something terrible, something haunting - something traumatizing - and they wanted to avoid being scarred for life.

At Minkpaw's launch, Amberflame almost instinctively dropped down into a fighting crouch - but Minkpaw was already bounding in circles around her. The warrior glared down at them, her tail twitching in a frustrated manner. Her young apprentice bothered her, and she didn't understand how Minkpaw was so bouncy. "Battle training, then. So you can fix that mess you showed me." It was hard to win Amberflame's approval. Very hard, and Minkpaw should be glad that they were payed much attention by the warrior at all. Amberflame didn't really like apprentices. Not young bouncy ones, anyways. Didn't Minkpaw want to be a warrior? Didn't they have a longing to be free from training? Didn't they have a longing to defend their Clan?

Apparantly not, not from what Amberflame had seen. "Come on. We'll get you started." She was almost ready for Minkpaw to be done for the day. She wasn't sure how much more she could do with the young apprentice. If only Minkpaw knew how unwanted they were. Part of her felt bad that they insisted on trying to involve Amberflame in play when it was obvious that the older warrior didn't want to play. Maybe someday she would develop a closer bond with the younger cat, once they were more mature... but for now she saw Minkpaw as more of a nuisance then anything else.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.