View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2017, 02:33 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: ThunderClan | ShadowClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
At Minkpaw's launch, Amberflame almost instinctively dropped down into a fighting crouch - but Minkpaw was already bounding in circles around her. The warrior glared down at them, her tail twitching in a frustrated manner. Her young apprentice bothered her, and she didn't understand how Minkpaw was so bouncy. "Battle training, then. So you can fix that mess you showed me." It was hard to win Amberflame's approval. Very hard, and Minkpaw should be glad that they were payed much attention by the warrior at all. Amberflame didn't really like apprentices. Not young bouncy ones, anyways. Didn't Minkpaw want to be a warrior? Didn't they have a longing to be free from training? Didn't they have a longing to defend their Clan?

Apparantly not, not from what Amberflame had seen. "Come on. We'll get you started." She was almost ready for Minkpaw to be done for the day. She wasn't sure how much more she could do with the young apprentice. If only Minkpaw knew how unwanted they were. Part of her felt bad that they insisted on trying to involve Amberflame in play when it was obvious that the older warrior didn't want to play. Maybe someday she would develop a closer bond with the younger cat, once they were more mature... but for now she saw Minkpaw as more of a nuisance then anything else.
Minkpaw didn't take offense from Amberflame's rude comment on their technique. Personally, they believed it was really good. After all, was Amberflame expecting Minkpaw to completely slip to the side? No - or, it didn't seem like so. And if Minkpaw wasn't so scared of being scolded by their mentor, they'd of really showed Amberflame how skilled they were in the area of battle! They once had shredded a dry leaf into the smallest of pieces!

Minkpaw was only just getting started. Unlike Amberflame, who was already done for the day. The younger feline smiled, bouncing alongside their mentor, unaware of Amberflame's irritation. They were tempted to playfully nudge their mentor and then run away - maybe Amberflame would chase after them? But then Minkpaw looked at reality, and discovered that the scenario would not turn out the way they wanted. So instead, they walked alongside the warrior like they always did. Sometimes, whenever an unfamiliar plant interested them or a bush rustled, Minkpaw would dart from their mentor's side to investigate. When they were satisfied, they'd return to their mentor's side.