View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:12 PM
tired individual

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-chan View Post
The small apprentice smiled and chuckled slightly as he soon joined her on the patch of grass, rolling over and stretching his paws in the air. He certainly was a delight to have around and it made her happy, seeing someone glad to be around her and didn’t see Newtpaw as a helpless kitten. She looked around the clearing for a moment, watching as several cats conversed and socialized over a piece of prey or shared tongues like usual. Being out here rather than kept up in the nursery all the time made her feel like she was already officially apart of Shadowclan. She looked at Lionpaw, hoping that when her training began, she could tell him all about it and perhaps even impress him. Newtpaw was determined to become a great warrior like anyone other normal apprentice, she refused to let anything about her get in the way of her future. A light breeze ruffled her fur slightly, making the small she-cat shudder, but the mud was so caked into her fur that it was hardly noticeable.

Her ears twitched to her friend’s words and she looked over at Lionpaw, saying that they were prepared to do this and that she was up first. It made the apprentice nod and turn her head slightly to peer back at the mud that littered her back. “The perks of being a long-furred cat..” She murmured and shook her head, leaning forward and doing her best to get some of the mud out of her pelt, the taste of the mud was terrible and she quickly spit it out into the dirt. “Bleh..” Newtpaw said, her nose scrunching up as she looked at Lionpaw, “I bet it would be easier if we were like Riverclan cats and had water to assist us.” The she-cat mentioned, her whiskers twitching.

[No Problem!]

The brown tom nodded, "Yeah, i'll bet it'd wash off easily, then!" He went to help. As soon as the mud touched his mouth, he winced in disgust, before cleaning as much as he could in just the first sweep of the tongue. He spat it onto the ground, his nose scrunched. "That is fowl," he mewed, spitting again. "We'll definitely have to find a way to get the taste off of our tongues after this!" He went for another sweep, once again spitting the mud out. "That taste is so bad, it's indescribable." He should his head, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment.
"Alright," he sighed, "We'll be done with your fur soon, then you can go clean that taste off while I clean myself. Mine should be easier, itse a little shorter than yours, plus I shook the mud off as soon as it was there, so lots of it couldn't dry and stick." He spit excess mud out once more, mixed with his own saliva, and continued to help Newtpaw. He tried his best to do most of the work, because he knew it tasted absolutely terrible and he was the one that tackled Newtpaw. He didn't want her to have to taste nore of the mud than she needed to.
His fluffy tail flicked to rest at his side, from where it'd first been, spread straight out behind him, which was slightly uncomfortable for the tom. He'd much rather sit with his tail tucked at his side, though he'd met cats that prefer otherwise. He, too, heard others conversing, and listened to the chatter in the background as he worked.