View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2017, 10:14 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post

Fennec shifted his jaw and set his paws firmly against the soft ground as he took a more suspicious paradigm to his situation. This cat could be putting on a whole act, shivering, stuttering, and acting all and all frightened to the core, just to manipulate him. Wa sit possible this golden she-cat was playing him? She could easily catch him off guard now, and Fennec wasn't the least bit ready. As the outsider spoke, Fennec viewed her actions as a plan. He tenses when he thought she would attack. But would she?

Fennec nodded as she spoke her name. At first, it seemed odd and made up: a cover for an attacker. But he understood why. It was her true virtue, from the way she stared at her paws and trembled to the way she spoke. Timid was definitely timid. Fennec purses his lips, it suddenly didn't seem like an act anymore. He was actually meeting a cat, the thought of reality made the fur on his tail prickle.

Fennec leaned forward as she paused, and took on a quizzical expression when Timid stated where she was from, was "the syndicate" another one of those redundant Clans? It didn't seem like it, because from what he'd heard the clans had names like ThunderClan. Not Something like Syndicate. He tilted his head, his eyes glinting with a spark of curiosity. "What's the syndicate?" He asked, keeping his tone edgy so he didn't sound like a kit. "It's not a clan? Right?" This time his tone was more rushed. This cat seemed vaguely nice under all of the shyness.

But his words were almost cut off by Timid's next statements. Fennec leaned back and straightened his spine. Maybe he asked enough questions. His ears swiveled l sideways, an abrupt indication that he was ambiguously "speechless". If that was a feeling. He stared straight at Timid's green eyes, trying to form his expression so it was unreadable, but really, he wanted to know more about this Syndicate Cat. "Young? Scouting?" he snorted "I live here. And I'm not some sort of kit " he flicked his ear "my name is Fennec."
Timid pinned her ears down at the slight tone he was using towards her. She felt that she was making him angry--when she tried hard not to. This she cat liked to leave in one piece. Timid stepped back for a moment, looking around at her surroundings. ''I-I d-din-didn't say y-you were a kit.'' She cleared her throat. Though, in her eyes, he was young. And, it still amazed her how he could survive out in this wild without worrying that something might strike him. Give him a disease. That he would suddenly drop dead. Upon hearing his name, her own ears had shot up, and she almost lifted her tail--something that she definitely did not want to do. She was not the dominant one. So, she refrained herself and allowed her tail to swish lowly under her.

''Fennec!'' She echoed. . ''As in the fennec fox?'' She tilted her head slightly. This had amazed--and amused her. Timid knew a lot about the forest. At least, the species of all sorts of animals. In fact, she could go on and on about the many different species that this wonderful world they shared. However, the world wasn't a wonderful place. It was harsh at the moment where she was located. ''That's so cool! I wish I was named after an animal! The fennec fox has really large ears, you know. They're so cute! And, they mainly come out at night. I know that the fox is an enemy for a cat, but I can't help, but gush about how--oh...right. You want to know about the Syndicate...'' She trailed off.

Timid had heard his other questions, but she was hoping to get out of answering them. The Syndicate was no place to be, in Timid's opinion. Many cats had accepted it being their home. And, Timid was forced to because it was the only place she knew. ''It's not another clan,'' She says, taking a seat on her haunches as she looked at her tail once more. It was still pretty close to her, left askew as her eyes clouded over. ''It's more of a...group where cats are thrown in for their evil ways. It's ruthless!'' She shook he head rapidly, like she was trying to get a fly off her face. Timid had never been to one of the clans before, but she heard stories about them. Good...bad, it didn't matter. It seemed like the clans were the best place to be, considering who she was and her rank within the syndicate. ''It's called the Dusk Syndicate...and I really should get back there. I'm suppose to be hunting to feed the fighters...and if I go back without a catch...I..'' The she cat felt her entire body shaking, and she couldn't even force herself to continue the words. Maybe, it was a bad idea that she was telling him this. On the other hand, Timid felt that she was warning him, trying to save his life to stay away from the ruthless beasts of the inferno.

Last edited by Brilliance; July 13th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.