View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2017, 08:22 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
The eyeless cat had picked up on Badgerpaw's change in stance when she complimented him, but didn't comment on it. She knew he was surprised, and not upset. His reaction was cute, as he was caught completely off guard and had no idea what to say. When he finally uttered a thanks, she just smiled in return. He was adorable.
Perking her ears as he asked if she liked the higher ranked cats in the clan, she thought a moment. "Halestar is a great leader. Really supportive and thinks about every cat before taking action. I like Halestar. But I haven't really noticed Goldeneye or Daypaw... I'm sure they are both great cats, and suited for their ranks. Maybe I'll get to see Daypaw soon." She knew at some point she would meet both of those cats, but that time didn't seem to be in the near future.
She thought about the three cats, knowing they would all be in their positions for a long time. Perhaps Daypaw and her would become friends. But that didn't seem likely. The medicine cat would have better things to do than hang around an eyeless cat. And Goldeneye was a complete stranger, she doubted she would ever meet and get to know the cat.
"What about you? What do you think of them?" She was curious, since he was raised from birth under Blazingnight, he might have different opinions.

Badgerpaw listened to what she said, his expression thoughtful as she spoke. Goldeneye and Daypaw were fairly new ranks, maybe she would have more of an opinion on them later on. His yellow hues remained fixed on her as she asked him what he thought. It was a moment before Badgerpaw spoke, as he was trying to get his thoughts in order. She might not know about Goldeneye, but he couldn't say much about that - he didn't either. The deputy wasn't very well known to Badgerpaw and he wasn't sure whether he liked or disliked the cat. Thinking about Daypaw, Badgerpaw knew that he liked the medicine cat.

The only thing was their view on StarClan. Something that Badgerpaw didn't agree with, nor did he think was healthy for a medicine cat to have, but as far as skill went? They seemed to be pretty good with most things. All in all, Badgerpaw liked them. And then as for Halestar, well... she was a different leader then he had grown up with. Change was always hard, but this was a major change.

And even when Timberstar had been leader and Halestar had been Halestorm, the deputy, Badgerpaw hadn't been sure about her. She was a lot - different from Blazingnight. He had to think for a moment, wondering what his opinion was on the leader before he was ready to speak.

"I don't know a lot about Goldeneye either, but the Clan's getting run so I assume that means something good. Daypaw's pretty cool, I really like them. And then I don't know about Halestar yet. She's different from what I'm used to, y'know? I mean... I guess she runs the Clan well, I'm just not sure how much I would trust her."
Badgerpaw did have quite a strong belief in StarClan, but he had been a kit during the Liberation - thank goodness - because otherwise he would have had to choose between StarClan and his leader. The two things that Badgerpaw was confident he could never choose between.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.