View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2017, 08:36 AM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Badgerpaw listened to what she said, his expression thoughtful as she spoke. Goldeneye and Daypaw were fairly new ranks, maybe she would have more of an opinion on them later on. His yellow hues remained fixed on her as she asked him what he thought. It was a moment before Badgerpaw spoke, as he was trying to get his thoughts in order. She might not know about Goldeneye, but he couldn't say much about that - he didn't either. The deputy wasn't very well known to Badgerpaw and he wasn't sure whether he liked or disliked the cat. Thinking about Daypaw, Badgerpaw knew that he liked the medicine cat.

The only thing was their view on StarClan. Something that Badgerpaw didn't agree with, nor did he think was healthy for a medicine cat to have, but as far as skill went? They seemed to be pretty good with most things. All in all, Badgerpaw liked them. And then as for Halestar, well... she was a different leader then he had grown up with. Change was always hard, but this was a major change.

And even when Timberstar had been leader and Halestar had been Halestorm, the deputy, Badgerpaw hadn't been sure about her. She was a lot - different from Blazingnight. He had to think for a moment, wondering what his opinion was on the leader before he was ready to speak.

"I don't know a lot about Goldeneye either, but the Clan's getting run so I assume that means something good. Daypaw's pretty cool, I really like them. And then I don't know about Halestar yet. She's different from what I'm used to, y'know? I mean... I guess she runs the Clan well, I'm just not sure how much I would trust her."
Badgerpaw did have quite a strong belief in StarClan, but he had been a kit during the Liberation - thank goodness - because otherwise he would have had to choose between StarClan and his leader. The two things that Badgerpaw was confident he could never choose between.
Lostpaw nodded along with what he said about the cats in power. He seemed to know Daypaw more, so she didn't bother question any of his words about the three cats. But he seemed confused about what to think about Halestar and she didn't quite know what to say in response to that. She knew he didn't like Blazingnight, but he had still been influenced by the leader in some ways. Change from a cruel leader to a kind one was a hard adjustment for someone who grew up on the evil ways.
She was silent for a while, not quite sure what to say. Then she turned her head towards him and tilted it to the side. "You're something else, you know that?" A small grin was on her face, "I mean, you're... Amazing, really. Awesome, in fact. The bestest friend I'll ever have."
There wasn't a reason that she started rambling to him, but she felt she had to. "Honestly, you're perfect." She paused, unsure why that sounds so weird to say out loud. "For me, perfect for me." Did that make it better? No, it seemed even worse. But he was perfect for her. He probably would disagree, but it was the truth.
She was quiet now, fighting over her thoughts of why she said all that, why it was so weird. Best friends could compliment each other all the time, so why was this so strange? Was it because they had been separated for a while? But that didn't bother her anymore, because they were together again. She flattened her ears a moment, then perked them up again. She wouldn't dwell on it. Not unless he reacted really negatively.