View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:30 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post

(Sorry for the late reply!!)
Lostpaw was glad he was playing along. A grin formed on her face as she pretended to scan the sky further. "This one over here, it looks like a grumpy old elder." She wondered if there were even any clouds out. It could be very cloudy, or clear as day. She almost wanted to ask, but then that would ruin the joke.
At first, Lostpaw didn't realize what Badgerpaw had said. But then when it finally hit her, she turned her head towards him and was silent for a moment. "I don't mind not seeing the day. I just wish I could see you." This was muttered, more towards herself than towards Badgerpaw. Her head returned to facing the sky, and she was quiet after this, thinking over what he said.
She had spent her entire kithood wishing she could see, that she was born with eyes. But now she was learning to accept she didn't had eyes, that she would never see anything in her life. The only thing she wanted to see was Badgerpaw, but even then she didn't mind that he was a mystery to her. It just allowed her to be very imaginative about what he could look like. Not that she could picture much, as she had no idea what colors were. But it was fun to think about.
"You know, being eyeless is almost a blessing. It means you don't have to look at nasty things or ugly cats. It also gives you an excuse to be clueless... Like, if a cat is disappointed you won't really notice and I can just play the 'I had no idea' card, and mention being eyeless. And then you can get out of trouble, because then cats take pity on you. It's kind of great at times." Lostpaw didn't actually do that, she owned up to mistakes if a cat was upset with her, but it was a benefit she could probably use.
"You're right, it does!" Badgerpaw exclaimed, after squinting at the sky in different ways and trying to figure out how he could picture a cloud looking like a grumpy old elder. His ears twitched in her direction at her words, although he didn't comment on them. Part of him was... confused. Was that how she felt? She really wanted to see him? When he was a young kit, Badgerpaw had considered himself to be the most handsome of them all.

He'd thought looking at him would be like looking at something of such beauty that it would blind you. Of course, he knew better now. He was nowhere near that handsome, and even if he were handsome, he couldn't blind anyone with his appearance. It was impossible. As he had grown and matured, and been without Lostpaw, Badgerpaw had grown more logical. Part of his playful, goofy mind was gone forever now... lost to the training and the logic of everyday life. He had been forced to accept reality. Forever was relative. He'd thought he and the grey feline beside him would be best friends forever, and sparks of hope that that was still true were returning, although most of him was doubtful that they would be together forever. Warrior ceremonies would come, his feelings would fade... if only she felt the same way, maybe they would stay. But she didn't and there was no use hoping that she did.

"There aren't any ugly cats in the Clan! I mean, some of the she cats here are gorgeous." He paused for a moment, waiting for the shock factor to sink in, before he continued on with a short laugh. "I've never talked to them, heh... don't have the courage to. And besides, even if I did, they-" He stopped, realizing what he had been about to say.

They wouldn't have anything on you. Oh, what an awkward statement that would be to make. At least he had stopped just in time.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.