Thread: July Gathering
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
Shifting his weight excitedly, Lionpaw weighed his options, thinking of what Newtpaw said. She was correct in both aspects; if they were in front, they'd hear better but be surrounded by cats, and if they were in back, not as many cats would be around but they might not be able to hear as well. "Maybe we should go in between? Sit right where the cats start to thin out and there aren't too many sitting around us. We should still be able to hear pretty well from there!" He smiled at his own reasoning, before he found his gaze following Newtpaw the the cats who were giving her looks. He found a glare sliding onto his face in return, taking a step to block the smaller apprentice from the cats more than she had already hidden hsrself, before letting his smile return as he turned back to Newtpaw. "So," he mewed, ignoring the cats who'd been looking at them, "What do you say?"
Newtpaw nodded to her friend’s words, agreeing with his way of thinking. “That sounds like a good compromise, hopefully it won’t be too crowded in the middle - otherwise I’ll have to climb on top of your head in order to see the leaders.” The small apprentice teased, flicking Lionpaw’s nose with her fluffy tail before giving a lightened yawn, “I’m certainly not used to being up this late, but I know that it’ll be worth it.” She noticed when the other apprentice followed her gaze to the cats looking at her with judgemental expressions, he stepped in front of her, seeming to protect her from their prying eyes. The she-cat pressed her forehead into the male’s shoulder, as showing a silent thank-you through affection before murmuring to him. “C’mon, let’s go before we miss the gathering.” She said, her tone quiet, but the apprentice made a smile stay on her maw, not letting anyone ruin this night for her and Lionpaw. Newtpaw scampered off ahead, stepping through the ground, keeping her head high, but not daring to make eye contact with anyone that she passed. Her eyes stayed ahead, on her path to the spot they agreed on.