Thread: July Gathering
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2017, 06:46 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

She cried more openly, mussy fur becoming damp with the flood of tears; she hadn't really cared about grooming it. The fiery molly rubbed at her eyes with the back of a paw, trying to sweep away the salty liquid. Her sides heaved slightly, sobs choking her throat, sorrow gagging her. Geckoleaf's sapphire blue orbs blinked ferociously, the hope being that she wouldn't break down completely. But it didn't get any worse; instead of a full psychiatric meltdown, she had, instead, simply become a mourner, crying for a lost daughter, adopted as she may be. She whimpered pitifully, glancing over at Daypaw, knowing she must look terrible, but not caring. The tail placed gently over her was surprising, but not bad; she welcomed the small bit of warmth it carried, the gesture of consolation and acceptance reassuring. Slowly, her throat unclosed, the mucus draining uncomfortably down her esophagus. "Sometimes... sometimes, Day... I feel like StarClan isn't that m-merciful... instead, they do... what needs to be done... whether or not that is kind depends on who it happens to... But I can't help but feel like Cricketpaw had so much left, so much life; they should have let her live. Maybe, I should've gone in her place; I'm old, it feels like, and wouldn't mind a break. But, Cricket..."
Daypaw didnt know what to say to comfort the shecat. They werent the best at comforting at all. When Cricketpaw died, they felt numb. They felt both everything and nothing at the same time, instead busying themselves with herb work and training themselves. The enby cold only agree with Geckoleaf. They had never liked Starclan since they were a kit. They could remember watching their father die infront of them, their mother not being supportive and being a mother for her kits. Daypaw had always felt lonely despite having siblings. But. Cricketpaw was always there. She was easy to talk to. Daypaw didnt feel so alone anymore. And now she was gone, and Daypaw left alone again. They wanted to cry too, but hesitation held them back. Even if they were younger, they had to be here for the shecat first. They didnt like Starclan, they didnt like how they played to cats lives like god, but they knew Geckoleaf held them close and couldnt push away from them. "I know it always doesnt seem like it but...Starclan knows what theyre doing, theres always a reason." the words they said left a bitter taste in their mouth, but its what Gecko needed to hear right now. "If you ever need anything, I wouldnt mind stopping by Riverclan once and awhile."