View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2017, 07:52 AM
Granny

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Current events that should have been over long ago." At first, Kestrelpaw had agreed wholeheartedly that it was WindClan's fault. They were evil, vile, bad cats. But now things were getting out of hand. Although she wasn't a leader, nor a deputy - what say did a young apprentice have in all of this? Sharp, intelligent eyes met Buffalopaw's own. A snort came from her maw at his statement about it being good if that was the way she liked it. What did it matter what she liked? The world went on whether Kestrelpaw liked it or not. Cats lived in ThunderClan whether she liked it or not. She had very few true friends. Whether she liked it or not. And, honestly, that was the way the sandy feline preferred it. Fewer friends turned her into the type of cat that she preferred to be. She studied.

And she was smart. She worked hard. And someday she would be a good warrior - Kestrelpaw imagined things like love and friendship would keep her from meeting her goal. Not that she was a sociopath - the feline just had never really felt like she needed friends. Not many of them, anyways. "You're just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you? Where'd you get that type of attitude?" The sandy cat bit back a laugh, though her whiskers continued to twitch in amusement after she had stopped speaking. Outside of her family, she had never met anyone with such a friendly, positive attitude and a love for life. There were cats she had seen before, of course, but not cats that she had met.
"At that, I'll have to agree," Buffalopaw said, his discomfort subsiding a bit when Krestelpaw took up the conversation. "If only everyone could just get along..." Her gaze was intimidating, but he found that for a moment he couldn't look away. The flustered feeling he had came back, and he nervously shifted his weight again before pulling his gaze from hers. His eyes flickered around the camp, following the movement of other clan members as they went into their after-morning routines. Then, his eyes trailed back around and settled on Krestelpaw as she spoke. Again he cracked a smile, though this one was driven from genuine amusement of his own rather than an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

"Hmm, I like that, I suppose you could say I enjoy a bit of sunshine myself," Buffalopaw mused that, if he'd been something other than a clan cat, that would've been a good name for him,"Huh, you know, I'm not sure. I guess I've just always been this way. Have you always been into observation?" He smirked, a sparkle in his eyes as he looked back at her, feeling more confident now that she seemed to loosen a little more.

Last edited by Ceridwen; August 1st, 2017 at 07:53 AM.