Thread: SkyClan Nursery
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:07 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Irisflower, while attending to her other kittens, didn't notice at first that Glowingkit had wandered away from the nest. When her kitten spoke though, it was a dead give-away that she was further away than Irisflower would like; she was always the one that seemed to get herself in trouble lately.
The queen sat up now that Cherrykit was the only was who hadn't woken up, needing a higher position to be able to keep all kit within her watchful gaze. However, she was careful not to jostle dark calico kitten too much when she moved; this movement would certainly wake her up though if she wasn't awake already.
"Glo, if you want to go to the clearing then you'll have to stay close to me." She meowed, forcing herself not to make a move to go retrieve her. The queen knew that bribing would work better, especially when she bribed with something that she already had had planned.
She turned her gaze slightly back to Lavenderkit, but kept Glowingkit in the edges of her line of vision to make sure the kitten didn't wander out of the nursery. She honestly looked like she was heading in that direction, but if Glowingkit really did get close enough Iris would be forced to go get her. But, she'd like to think her kitten was smarter than that. Listening to Lavenderkit, she waited to answer the young she-kit's question, knowing that it was going cause a domino effect within her others. And, just as she predicted, the question was echoed by a now-excited Songbirdkit, and then rephrased a bit by a now-very-awake Gentlekit.
However, even though she had things basically handled, the mother began to look a little bit more stressed as Songbirdkit ran after Glowingkit, but was thankful he didn't disappear out of the entrance and knew better to stop. She was a little over her head with all of these little ones, but still wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Just then, Marbledflare wiggled himself into nursery, and Irisflower was instantly relieved. He honestly couldn't have picked better timing. She was struck for a moment by his handsomeness, especially as he stared lovingly at two of his kittens; and she was reminded why she liked him so much. Of course, he still had his faults like any other cat, and she was still trying to accept that. Their relationship was a bit strained because of this, but they usually made it work for their children.
"Okay, well... we can go into the clearing if you can convince daddy to help me look after you guys..." She mewed softly, her voice already filled with amusement as she stared over at Marbledflare. It was her way of indirectly asking for his help without giving it away to the litter.
@Random Melchester
@Constellation
@Duskflight
@RedHead

Glowingkit flattened her ears at the sound of Irisflower's voice, but instead of scolding her for leaving the nest, her mother bargained. "Okay!" Glowingkit chirped, "I'll behave! Promise, you won't be able to get rid of me! I'll be sooooooo close." The she-kit continued on, trying very hard to get her mother to take them out into the clearing. The young molly had no idea that that was her mother's intentions all along. The kit bounced by the entrance to the nursery and smiled at Songbirdkit as her brother joined her. Just then, her father entered the den, showering the kits by the entrance in small pieces of debris as he squeezed through the too-small entrance. "Daddy!" Glowingkit squealed as Marbledflare called her by a nickname. She rubbed up against his ginger legs and purred happily. Marbledflare hadn't been in to visit for what seemed like moons to the young cat and she missed him. Glowingkit was a bit of a daddy's girl and liked to play with the ginger warrior. Obviously, she adored her mother too and loved spending time with her and her siblings, but she couldn't help wanting to be like her father and wanting him to notice her. At her mother's words, Glowingkit jumped up and down and put her paws on Marbledflare's leg, begging "Please, daddy!"