View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2017, 10:11 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
Sorrelkit was growing annoyed with this Tom. Her eyes narrowed as he made the leaves flutter, but she didnt move to chase them. She did growl when one floated too close to her nose, and ended up ripping it out of the air, tearing it even more than it already was until the small bits were barely... Anything anymore. Satisfied, she let the shavings drop from her jaws, teeth bared. She calmed after a moment though, bringing satisfied eyes up to his face. "Good. You think its fun sitting around, not learning anything about fighting? Well, think again, mister. Being a kit isnt as fun as it looks." She hissed out lowly, her glare meeting his calm gaze. She wasnt sure why she was so angry, but she was. Her calmness had vanished.

It made her jerk back when he cooed at her. Now she was used to that from her sister, but not from Springwind. She didnt even know the Tom, after all. And goodness, it made her even more angry that he was speaking so softly, like she was the cutest thing in the world. Then complimenting her. And then- Sorrelkit snapped her teeth at his tail with a small snarl. A sound that shouldnt come from such a young kit at all, but it did. She focused an angry gaze on the Tom. "Dont do that." Her voice was sharp. "Unless you wanna lose that tail." The young kit was aware that she was pushing her limits; She didnt care. She wanted to break through them. Wanted him to snap. Wanted him to be afraid. Wanted him to stop treating her like some little angel.

As he scolded her, Sorrelkit didnt flinch once. She listened to him, only interrupting when she felt necessary. "Love?" A mocking laugh escaped her, though there was no humor to her tone, just a very cold edge. "That's funny, buddy. I dont love anyone. I dont even like anyone. I dont care about anyone. Not Lemonspotted. Not Ratheart. Not Lynxkit. Not Hunterfang. Not Breezeflower. Not Eclipsemoon. Not Curlypaw. Not Snowpaw. Not you." With each name her voice grew colder, more sure of herself. Saying it aloud made it real, made that tiny part of her that wanted to like them go away, silenced it. Sorrelkit sat back and jerked her chin up to give him a defiant look, before glancing back around the clearing. "Not anybody." she finished lowly, sinking her claws slightly into the ground before sheathing them again.
All the signs should had said something was wrong. Very off balanced with this small she kit. The way she spoke in such a dullness in her voice, should had struck a nerve in him. Yet, Springwind had blocked that out. It was simply because - kits could do no wrong. They were these precious little things that the clan needed to protect. And, she was no different from the rest of them. He had met Lyxnkit, and such a sweet tom he was. So, why would Sorrelkit be different? Springwind didn't even catch her aggressive looks when he futtered the leaves in the air. As he was too fascinated with the scattering as well. Though his ears had flickered upon her voice, and he kept an even smile. ''You sound so bitter about it! Remember - A warrior had to start from somewhere. I used to be a kit.'' He spoke to her, looking towards the sky as he could remember the fond memories he shared in his past. Specifically with Larkkit and Lovekit. ''Some days were better than others, but other than that? I wish I could go back to being a kit. You don't have to worry much about anything. You're as free as a...'' The grey and white tom looked around trying to find a good specimen that she could relate to. Being this tender age. When his eyes landed on a beautiful winged butterfly, he offered the kit a small smile. ''butterfly. See how they fly without a care in the world? That's something you should appreciate.''

When the tom cooed at her, he could see Sorrelkit didn't take that well. It made his whiskers quiver, but he didn't say anything at first. He didn't want her to take the compliment as something she needed to be offended by. Springwind loved kits! Since he bonded with Hunterkit as a young age - why wouldn't he? So, he brushed off her threats with a twitch of his tail. It was obvious he could handle a small kit. She hardly was even taught combat moves. Though Springwind knew he would never harm a kit. Just put them in their...place. In a nice manner as possible. ''Haven't your mother ever taught you to be nice to others now?'' He chided her, giving off a snort-like laugh upon her words. Obviously, Lemonspotted hardly taught her kits anything. He hoped that the mentor Sorrelkit was assigned to would at least have the audacity to teach her how to respect her older warriors.

Then, she told him that she didn't love anyone. She didn't like anyone. Another red flag that Springwind should had paid much attention to, but he didn't. It had went over his head because he refused that such a kit held a violent nature. She was depressed that her parents were hardly around. Yes, that had to be it. No wonder she had such rough edges! Springwind shook his head. More so, to pity the young kit than anything. ''It's nothing wrong with loving someone,'' He spoke softly to her. ''Let alone liking someone. It's a wonderful feeling. And, I refuse to believe that he don't care or love any of your siblings.'' Now, it was time for him to be serious. He was all for games, but he was picking up that this kit didn't want to play games. But, as he gazed at her with a serious dark green gaze, he wrapped his tail around him. ''Looks like someone is cranky! Are you ready for a cat nap?'' He teased her. The funny thing about it was that he was looking for a great spot to nap! He liked to relax. And, with no apprentice on his heels - he could do all the relaxing he liked. Except for Moonpaw, who he promised to prepare her for her warrior ceremony. But, even now he was trying to avoid her! Avoid everyone...but he thought he would say 'hi' to the kit.