View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2017, 03:01 PM
og plant mom

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
In the past, and in all honesty, she cats who were considered universaly attractive - or at least attractive around the Clan - were not attracted to Obsidiansky. Was he handsome? Well, he wasn't ugly, but he wasn't a knockout. And that wasn't even to mention that he was uncertain of how many she cats he had probably accidentally friendzoned. So when Fawnskip approached, the tom's optics seemed to hold a little alarm. What did she want? "Uh - hello," He mewed, giving her a friendly smile back. She looked nice! And that wasn't even to mention that she was just about the closest thing to drop-dead gorgeous that Obsidiansky had seen. It was hard not to stare. Now, what was she doing talking to him? One thing that the tom knew for sure, was that cats like this rarely had a good motive. If she was coming over in such a friendly way to him, this wasn't going to be good. Oh, but you could really use this... He thought as he watched her.

Something that was just light and unintimate. This would be so much better then the serious, dread-filled conversations he had had with his two other interests! Or... were they interests of his? He felt pretty much the same for them. They were both friends. He couldn't hurt either. And he loved them both. Not to mention he didn't know what to do in either case. "Ha. Wouldn't that just be a miracle." The dark tom muttered to himself. He wasn't like this most of the time but for whatever reason, right now, he just couldn't seem to bring himself to be as friendly and kind as he wanted. "I mean, I - guess you could, it might be nice, but I don't - I don't know for sure, I mean, it's your... call?" Oh StarClan, Obsidiansky was bad at this. Like it'd been said - not much experience in the flirting area, and not many pretty she cats coming up to him as Fawnskip had done.

If anything, he was the one approaching she cats. Why did she have to be pretty? Why couldn't she look easy to approach? Yeah, Obsidiansky was just a little bit intimidated by her. He could be wrong. But if she tried to break his heart, well - he would - maybe - well, he just wouldn't let her get that close, that was all! Getting a crush through someone being sweet towards him and acting all flirty was one thing. Falling in love with the idea of another cat was another. But true love, the experience of being willing to do whatever it took for the other cat to be happy, even so far as to let them go with another cat if it was what made them happy, wanting what was best for them - that was a whole other thing. And Obsidiansky knew that that type of true love was formed over time, very carefully, and it was a beautiful thing. It was the kind of love you couldn't get through flirting. So, the tom was pretty sure that he was safe.
[ Sage: /slaps obsidian\ stahp it! ]

|| character site || rowan follows in blazing's footsteps ||