View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
They shrugged,¨You can request a name. Or a name change for that matter, it isnt to strict here. Im most likely picking my own name unless stated otherwise,¨ they mewed. They didnt think her thoughts were dumb of the sort, soem cats were proud of where they had come from, and a name is the best way to keep that intact. They felt relaxed under the day light, letting the warmth seep into their pelt, making it shine. There was a reason for their prefix-their pelt of course. It was a peachy ginger color, almost a pale cream, the tips shining like little bits of sun themselves under the light. It was often unkept and you could see the ridges of their spine and ribs from lack of food, but the wisps of their pelt were recently groomed thanks to their mother,Geckoleaf. Well, adopted mother.

They tensed at the question, eyes going into slits and whipping their head to face Nightpaw. This had come out of no where it seemed like, and it was obviously a rather sensitive subject to talk about regarding the enby. They didnt like talking about their nightmares. Almost no one knew of them. They rarely slept, often left pacing around their den to stay awake at night until days pass and they crash from exhaustion. ¨Why do you want to know,¨ their tone was more serious, an edge to it. Obviously it was something serious if they were up to talk about it upfront.
"Oh I see," Nightpaw said thoughtfully. She had learned by this point that warrior names had two parts to them. Based on what Daypaw was saying, there might be a name that she could ask for that would let her find a way to keep both part of her. She loved her new life, but her past was a part of her. Then again, maybe it would be better to let the past go and let the clan give her a warrior name. Nightpaw would have to think about this. Still, it made her feel a touch of relief knowing she had a choice. Nightpaw noticed that Daypaw's fur, gleaming in the sunlight, seemed to have been recently groomed. Good. They're taking care of themselves, she thought, unaware of Geckoleaf's role in Daypaw's care these days.

Nightpaw flinched a little bit at the harshness in Daypaw's tone, her ears laid flat submissively. But she wanted to know the answer, so, swallowing, she pressed on. "Back when I was in the medicine den... at night sometimes...actually a lot of the time, I would hear you muttering and crying. It was like you were in a lot of pain. Sometimes, I thought about waking you up, but I was afraid to bother you..." Nightpaw averted her gaze, an involuntary tremble rattling her frame as she recalled the sight. "And sometimes you would twist and look like you were in pain. I wish I had woken you up... but I ask because, I wonder if you have bad dreams." The shecat looked back at Daypaw, hoping the enby wouldn't be mad. She didn't mean any harm in asking. She was just... worried for her friend.

Last edited by Charmer; September 20th, 2017 at 11:17 PM.