View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:19 PM
a lonely nobody

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Mulberrykits huge smile was contagious and Tigerpaw couldn't help but laugh at the kits excited bounces and twirls. Mulberry reminded Tigerpaw of herself when she was a kit, she hoped that the two cats would be able to train for a while together before Tigerpaw became a warrior. The caramel colored she-cat playfully batted the younger cats ears and crouched down, "Maybe I can give you some training now." She said as a purr rose in her throat.
Mulberrykit squealed a bit when Tigerpaw batted her ears, but stopped bouncing, for the motion would soon make her sick. As the apprentice whispered her plan, her eyes became wide with excitement and even a slice of fear. Are we allowed to do this? I'm I going to get her in trouble by doing this? Her logical side argued that it wasn't safe, that she could get badly hurt, but the excitement and thrill of being trained early by Tigerpaw overrode her analytical tendencies. I'm sure it's fine; I've heard lots of apprentices teach kits some things before they're eligible for training! And just like that, the sliver of anxiety had disappeared, leaving her only with anticipation of the material she'd get to prematurely learn.

Despite having argued herself out of her fear, Mulberrykit's analytic mind still hadn't fully faded away. I wonder what she'll show me first... hunting techniques or fighting tactics? Bird catching skills or enemy weaknesses? There's so much I have to know! The she-kit was going mental with all of the possible things she could learn. She had no preferences, but all she'd ever done was place fight and cake hunt; she wanted a real battle, a real hunting patrol. Of course, she knew none of those things would happen considering her Clan's current situation, but she longed for them nonetheless. I bet patrols are the best. You get to scout around for invaders, and when you find them, you get to chase them or even fight them!

The suspense was killing her. It'd only been seconds since Tigerpaw had suggested she show her some apprentice moves, but she'd had so many thoughts go through her mind, she'd basically lost all track of time. I hope I wasn't staring at her again...! Realizing she hadn't even actually accepted her friend's invitation, she quickly patched up her mistake. "You mean it? You'll show me some techniques?" The kit smiled wide, her anticipation and excitement clearly showing on her face. "Yay!" She gave a slight bounce, hoping not to seem like a young kit. If Tigerpaw was going to take her seriously, she'd have to seem as grown up as possible. "So what'll we start with first? Hunting? Fighting? Patroling? I'm good with anything you want to show me!"

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!