Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:28 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post

Stagbrair padded up to Goldeneye, dipping his head respectively. The ginger tom hadn't been hunting with starclan for long, only since the flood, so he had been a warrior of Shadowclan when the cat in front of him was the deputy. He was proud, he hadn't personally known Goldeneye but he thought he was a good cat, good enough to protect Shadowclan and its territory. "Greetings, Goldeneye." He meowed with a soft voice when he was in front of the other, he stood tall, happy to be giving a life to a leader like this. "You may not have known me, but I was a Shadowclan warrior not so long ago and I know you will be a great leader." He took a deep breath in before continuing.
"With that, I give you the life of protection. Use it well to protect your clan however you see fit, at whatever cost." He leaned closer to push his nose against the tabby's head with a smile on his maw. He could guess how the other could feel, a sense of power like Stagbrair had in his own final moments, and a deep need to keep others out of harm's way. After a few moments, he pulled his head back and looked at the other tom in the eye with a look of deep respect. He wouldn't be able to live on in Shadowclan with Goldenstar as his leader, but at least he got the honor of bestowing on him one of his 9 lives.
Goldeneye blinked as he saw the tom in front of him approach. He felt as though he had seen the Starclan cat before, but he didn't know for sure. Suddenly his mind started to race. When had he seen this tom? When? Slowly, he suddenly thought of the flood. He was one of the cats that had died in the flood. Something caught in his throat for a moment, remembering the tiny kit he couldn't save. That didn't matter now, well, it probably did, but Golden didn't want to linger on it. As many questions he wanted to ask, Golden didn't say anything, as much as the questions spiraling in his mind wanted to bust out through his mouth. For now he just listened, dead silent. When Stagbriar touched his nose against Golden's head, he let the life pour into him. Power. The need to help others, with a tiny bit of pain mixed in. That was how he felt, as well as the fact that he was unsure what else to do. This all was amazing, and confusing at the same time. He didn't know whether to smile or be dead silent and do nothing. He did the latter, however, a small smile started to creep up on his face. "T-Thank you," he murmured, his eyes lighting up a little bit. Now he was starting to get confident, despite his mind racing. 5 more lives to go, at least that was what he thought, dispite it not exactly mattering in his head, watching Stagbriar quietly.

(( @The Eye Of The Storm ))