View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:24 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post
(( Oh look a Shadowclan leader is posting in Riverclan ))

Goldenstar was unsure whether it was a good idea to be using the streamstone, instead of waiting until all of Shadowclan was back in their own territory. However, he knew that Shadowclan needed a deputy as soon as possible, so this was really the only choice. He hadn’t spoke with Russetstar, so basically anything could happen from this point on. However, all the thoughts swirling in his mind didn’t want to let him think of a peaceful thing. Russet would understand, right? What would he say? Would he address both clans? Or would he address just one? Well, there wasn’t really anything he could now.

Taking a shaky breath, he decided to go through with it. Shadowclan needed a deputy, this couldn’t wait. Halestar was gone, and he really needed someone by his side to help him. He didn’t want to worry his mate or family, so he had kept it all in, hopefully the cat he chose would be helpful and comforting, if not, well, he could keep it all in still. “All Shadowclan cats and any other cats that feel it is necessary to attend and are old enough to catch their own prey, please gather under the hi-I mean streamstone for a Shadowclan meeting!” He could almost feel his voice waver, and that made him want to shred something. Well, whatever, it could come to that later. He kept telling himself to be proud of himself, and to not end up screaming every time he even said something. Searching his mind, trying to find what to say, trying to rember what Halestar said to him several moons ago. This was going to pain him to say to everyone that didn’t know. “As a majority of you know, Halestar has resigned from her rank as leader” He was softer than he would normally be, unsure of what to really say. “I know that we are in Riverclan camp, but Shadowclan needs a new deputy,” Now, all that was left was finishing this without forgetting any words, it was time to appoint the new deputy.

“Halfgaze!” The tom called out “Could you please step forward?” He silently watched, hoping to find the she-cat in the crowd. He had been watching her for awhile, and was now ready to appoint her as deputy. She was everything he could probably want for a deputy. Hopefully she really was as good as he thought she was. “I say these words before Starclan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice” He started, taking a pause for a minute to collect his thoughts. “The new deputy is Halfgaze!”

(( @Beau ))
Halfgaze perked her ears as she heard the familiar call of her leader. The tortoiseshell rose to her paws and padded closer to the streamstone, fully conscious of the fact that it was not their usual meeting place. Briefly, the warrior wondered if Goldenstar had asked Russetstar to use it. She shook the thought away, feeling that it wasn't important at the moment. The tom seemed to waver a bit, but not enough where he appeared weak. Most probably hadn't even heard it. Halfgaze sat down and wrapped her tail around her paws, perking her ears to listen to the rest of Goldenstar's announcement.

At the news of Halestar's retirement, Halfgaze bowed her head. She had heard of the leader's departure from her role and mourned the loss of such a great leader, though the feline was still alive. The tortoiseshell warrior took comfort in the fact that the experienced leader would be there to offer advice to the clan. She also had faith in Goldenstar. Halfgaze was very sure that the tom would make a great leader. Hopefully whoever he chose as deputy would be a great support system for the clan.

Halfgaze shook her head to focus her wandering thoughts back onto Goldenstar's words. He was going to appoint a new deputy. The warrior spun her head to each side to try and catch sight of Shadowclan cats whom she thought might fit the job. However, when her name was called, Halfgaze's dual colored face whipped back around to face the streamstone. Did he just say Halfgaze? She wondered in utter shock. Without fully knowing what she was doing, Halfgaze unwound her tail from her paws and walked forward with wide, odd eyes. Halfgaze felt as if she had mice shoved in her ears and almost missed his words. However, Halfgaze suddenly became aware of the fact that this was her first appearance to both Shadowclan and Riverclan as a deputy and she needed to make it count. After clearing her throat to make sure her voice wouldn't crack, Halfgaze said calmly and steadily, "Thank you. Goldenstar. I promise to serve Shadowclan to the best of my ability."

Last edited by dionysus; September 26th, 2017 at 04:58 PM.