View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye Of The Storm View Post

{Note; Comet has a rare condition where a living being cannot feel physical pain, so thats why they are so chill about a broken foot.}
CometStream padded into the den, limping slightly, due to their paw. The non-binary warrior knew that Ebonyfrost would not be here, but Comet decided to get their hopes up, If Grousestar's reasonable he would have gotten a new medicine cat by now. The black, amber, and white warrior spotted Shinefang in the den, and assumed he was the replacement. Cometstream had heard of the old tom, apparently he had a grudge against she-cats. A bit of a sexist, Comet thought. But the warrior padded towards to Shinefang, and spoke, ``Hey, uhh, your the new Medicine cat, right? a have a broken foot. i think thats worthy of a medicine cat?`` He asked tentavily, he had always seen Shinefang as a warrior, not a medicine cat, but then again, who cares?

Wheatfur padded into the den, he had heard that Skyclan had lost their medicine cat, so the tom had decided to help out. It would be a good idea, he thought, to build some allies, as the tensions between the clans were high. However, instead of finding an empty medicine den, he spotted A young cat, and an older warrior. Good grief, there are injured cats already? The tom strode towards them and started talking, Hello, i am Wheatfur, medicine cat of Thunderclan, i have heard that your clan has lost its medicine cat, or has a new one, i am here to train one to help the clan on its feet.`` Wheatfur finished, and looked at the cats.
(Gotcha!)

"Eh?" Shinefang spun around with surprising speed for such an old cat, giving the younger warrior a view of his scarred face and missing eye. The grizzled cat turned his head to stare at the warrior with an intense gaze. "Eh...Cometriver, right? What's all this then?" The old cat padded heavily toward the warrior and scrutinized the foot. "So you went and broke your foot? Well, what did you go and do a thing like that for?" Shinefang began to mutter unintelligible about "warriors these days" as he let his own paw hover above the other cat's. There was heat coming off of it, and just from a glance he could tell that it was larger than the other "Yup, that's pretty swollen, alright."

At that moment, Shinefang's torn ear flicked as he observed that another cat had entered the den. He squinted, looking closely at the cat, before standing straight with recognition. "Wheatfur?" he listened as the Thunderclan medicine cat explained their reason for the visit. "Hmm, well that's nice of ya. The name is Shinefang. A medicine cat?" he meowed ponderously. It was odd to say out loud, he'd been a warrior for so long. He snorted, "Well, when you've been to see the medicine cat as many times as I have, you pick up a few things. I'm the best they've got right now, at least." The old tom's lips curled up in a hideous grin, amusing by his own observation. He was glad that of all the medicine cats to come and help him figure out his new duties, it was Wheatfur. He knew that they were a former warrior like himself, and knew first hand what it was like to have blood on his claws.

He turned back to Cometstream and pointed with his paw. "So how'd you go and do that?" He turned back to Wheatfur again. "Seems this one went and broke their paw." He thought it over for a minute and turned his back on both cats. "Have a seat in the nest there, Cometsound. Wheatfur, I'm thinking comfrey for the inflammation, but the bones themselves have me stumped. I've seem bones being reset, but those were long bones like in the limbs. If their foot is really broken, those are tiny things. Any ideas?" The new medicine cat looked at the more experienced one with veiled worry in his gaze. Shinefang had two hopes in that moment: 1. That he hadn't managed to make himself look like a mouse-brained twit just yet, and 2. That Wheatfur would have an idea of how to help. In spite of his gruff exterior, the old cat was first and foremost a servant to his clan, and wanted to do this new job well.