View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:05 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The molly's ears went up as a voice spoke. She had not heard the cat walk up, being so engrossed in her own thoughts and emotions. She could not recognize the voice spot on, so she turned her head to see who it was. She instantly recognized the feline as Cloversplash, a fellow senior warrior. Though not as old as her, but still with some moons under her paws. Shellfeather took another moment to process what Cloversplash had asked, as she had not completely heard the individual words the first time, only a voice.
"Well, now that I think about it, yeah, I kind of do..." Shellfeather had been holding so much in lately. Her feelings, her thoughts, her emotions, she just hadn't thought any cat around her would care to listen. The only cat she knew that probably would care enough was Spicepaw, but she didn't want to put that burden on her only son. Especially since he was nearing his warrior ceremony, which he had waited so long for. But Shellfeather knew she wanted to talk, knew she wanted to get everything out of her system. Talking about it would be like a drink of water. It flushes out your system, cleansing it and preparing a way for better things to come. And that is what talking could do. Shellfeather hadn't realized that until this moment, when a fellow warrior had had the heart enough to ask her how's she's doing, give her the freedom to talk. "But there sure is a lot, can you handle it?" Even though she wanted to talk, Shellfeather did not want to put her burden on anyone else. Especially if they didn't know what to expect.
She smiled ever-so-gently, placing a paw gently over Shellfeather's. "Love... say whatever you need. I've been through a lot in my life and heard many stories. Every single one that I've ever been blessed to hear is different and unique; some more painful than others. Whatever you need to say, I'll listen to. Okay? Every bad thing-anything that you need to drain. I'm here," she replied, softly, her voice as tender and quiet as the she-cat could manage, though there was a coil of worry wound tightly in her chest. Cloversplash felt that Shellfeather just needed to cleanse; there was maybe a lot of emotional catharses that could happen just because of her talking. Her green eyes glittered with genuine worry, and she just hoped that the silver tabby would open up to her.
"Say whatever you need."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending