View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Shinefang had made up his mind. Once the dawn patrols went out, and the day began, he marched fearlessly to the leader's den and let himself in, peering around the den with his single, orange eye. "Grousestar," he said by way of greeting, as he entered. Shinefang was not the type of cat to observe courtesy, or ask politely for an audience. For one thing, he was far too old to waste valuable time waiting for anything. For another, he was a senior warrior. He'd defended Skyclan for moons upon moons, made the journey to the new territory, and been as loyal of a cat as any clan could ask. He'd done his warrior duty long past the time when other cats his age had retired and joined the elders. His service had cost him several scars, and one of his eyes. Now, for the first time, the old warrior was asking for something back and didn't see any reason why he shouldn't get what he wanted. "I have something I wanted the talk to you about," he began clearing his throat, and triggering a cough. "This seasonal stuff," he griped. He caught his breathe and sat up, proud and straight, his gaze stern and serious, his scarred face grimacing as usual. "As you know, I've served Skyclan loyally for many moons as a warrior. I've done so proudly and fearlessly and have defended that clan with my life time and time again. And I wouldn't change a thing about that. I'm proud to serve my clan." Shinefang raised his head as he spoke, his voice alive with triumph as memories of his life as a warrior pooled within him, but just as suddenly, the old cat seemed to sag. "But it's been so many moons..." the tom hesitated, reluctant to admit what he had viciously denied before. "It's been so many moons, that It's hard to keep up with this younger cats. Now I think Skyclan needs me to serve in another way. With Ebonyfrost no longer serving as a medicine cat and those foxhearted Dusk Syndicate cats so close by, we are primed to find ourselves in some real trouble." Shinefang took a deep breathe, ready to make his argument. "As you can tell just by looking at me, I've had more than my fair share of trips to the medicine den in my time. Because of that, I've managed to learn a bit about which herb does what. I may not know as much as a kit trained from six moons, but I can keep wounds from getting infected, stop bleeding and I know what herbs to give for minor ailments. And besides, I may be old, but I can still learn a thing or two from other medicine cats. I'm not saying I'm the perfect choice, but I may be the best we have right now." His argument made, Shinefang sat back, waiting for Grousestar to respond to his proposal.