View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2017, 12:03 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ThunderClan Highpeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

A certain bengal mix pushed her way through the crowd, her misty blue eyes scanning the clearing below the Highpeak. A ginger-furred cat bounded along behind her, the apprentice's orange eyes wide with excitement as she too was scanning the crowd. The orange eyes seemed to fund their target, as Foxpaw bounded forwards towards her uncle. "Passionblaze! I can't believe it! You're deputy!" Pride for her father-like figure shone in her eyes, and she bounced around him once, then came to a stop as Springingsky approached her son. "Blazey, I'm so proud of you." She purred, licking his cheek. "If only your father were here to see you now. But I am sure he's up there, watching in Starclan." She cast her eyes upward to the dawning sky for a moment, before focusing her eyes once more on her son. But they turned downwards as Foxpaw spoke again. "Wait, does this mean that you're going to be too busy to play with me now?" Her eyes widened with worry at the thought of not having Passionblaze around. Foxpaw needed Passionblaze, Springingsky and him were really the only family she had. Her mother Mapleheart wasn't around much, and though Foxpaw still loved her, when she became an apprentice, Mapleheart and her parted ways. Then of course her father, Burn, infamous for his cheating ways. Foxpaw did know that's what he did. She wasn't completely innocent. Springingsky flicked Foxpaw affectionaltley with her tail. "Sweetheart, don't worry, Blazey will always have time for you, and even if he didn't, you;d make sure he did, right?" She gave a knowing look to her son, a small smirk on her face.
Foxpaw's eyes widened in realization. "Yeah, you're right! And I can help you with your duties too! I could learn how to be a deputy!" I could be like..." Foxpaw thought hard, her tail flicking from side to side ever so slightly. "I could be like a deputy apprentice! An apprentice learning how to be a deputy!" She giggled at herself, but purred all the same.
Speaking of apprentice.." The bengal turned her eyes from her granddaughter to her son, locking him with a stern stare. "To be an example for all those young warriors, I think you should take on another apprentice. Sure, you've already trained one, but I think it's about time that you train your second." Now, Passionblaze may be Springingsky's deputy, but she was his mother. And that meant a who lot more than a deputyship. No matter what, Springingsky would always be in charge of her son. And he knew it. She gave him free-range, but she was still there for counsel and advice. Plus, Passionblaze probably wouldn't be anywhere without his mother. At least that is what Springinsky believed.
Finally. After his ceremony, the Tom was ready to bound forward towards the fresh kill pile to rummage through the food. Boy, was he hungry! It was already embarrassing that Snowstar could hear it when she appointed him as deputy… Passionblaze shook his head, and licking his jaws, he was almost there. Almost. There. He jumped back quickly when he caught sight of his mother. Beforehand, he had been searching for her. Now, she appeared. Just his luck when he needed some food. His hunger seemed to become satiated quickly when his niece bounded forward, jumping around him. Excitedly, he repeated her actions, jumping around and laughing. “Exciting - isn't it?” He purred, then stopped his kit-like nature when his mother began speaking. She was proud of him. It made the ginger cat puff out his chest because during his entire life he tried to be the perfect son. One that pleased both his parents. The one that exceeded above expectations. To know that he became deputy and that Springingsky was, indeed, proud of him made Passionblaze want to run to the ends of the earth. “Heh, I thought Snowstar was fooling with me.” He joked, affectionately, and touched his nose to his mother’s cheek. “Yeah...dad should be. I worked my darn butt off as a kit and apprentice to impress the two of you. He had some strict rules.” And, they were annoying, Passionblaze refused to add, unless he wanted a nick in his ear. The only other who couldn't celebrate his achievement was his own brother. Burn. Who knew where they deceitful fool was? Suddenly, when Foxpaw began speaking again, Passionblaze turned his ears to give her his attention. She wondered if he would be able to play with her, and Passionblaze took his time to answer because he knew being a deputy required a lot of work. A lot of attention, discussing decisions with their leader, Patrols. Oy! He'd never catch a break, will he? Springingsky had answered, making Passionblaze shoot a playful glare at his mother. “You know I'll always have time for you. You know, with bossing you around and all.” His whiskers twitched with a glint of play in his eyes. It was nonsense to think such! He'd always have time for his two favorite ladies. Duties or no duties, family was his world. Besides that, he was literally the only male they in this family.
Suddenly, Foxpaw began rambling about how she would be able to help him. Passionblaze simply smiled, albeit more uncertain. Foxpaw...and work, just didn't combine to him. She was more fun loving than serious. Being a deputy was about the serious work. The two of them working together? Wouldn't be possible. Too much playing, and less work getting done. “Whatever helps you sleep at night, kitto.” Passionblaze nudged his niece with a paw. Their next topic of conversation, upon his mother's words, the Tom gave a thoughtful look. He pinned his ears to his head and sighed. “I didn't even fully train her…” Meadowpaw would had made an excellent apprentice, and Passionblaze wished it was him who was hit by the monster, but nope. Her young life was taken and speaking of apprentices made the Tom drag his tail between his legs. He looked around the territory hoping to spot any kit. If he laid his eyes on one, then he would choose that one. “I - I just don't feel comfortable with training another apprentice with what happened to Meadowpaw...I failed her, mother.” One day. One day, he would need to take on another apprentice. A more random one. Yet, it wasn't that simple. If he were to take on another apprentice, it would have to be one that was completely ready to accomplish many goals. Meadowpaw had that potential. Training her was a lot of fun. She was always eager to learn and such a sweet Molly. Passionblaze sighed, blinking his eyes. He could feel that sadness coming through. But, maybe his mother was right. Because to Passionblaze, whatever she said, her wish was his command.