View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang had been asleep in his nest in the farther recesses of his den. Hearing someone calling for him, he stood up, stretching his aching joints as he yawned a wide yawn. Last night, he'd been to Starclan territoryand and he was still bristling from the encounter. But he had meant what he said to Slatepelt. No Skyclan cat was joining Starclan on his watch. He'd fight teeth and claw to keep them here in Skyclan. He came shambling toward the den entrance, eyes bleary with sleep, and snorting when he heard the cat call him by the wrong name. "Close enough, kit," he muttered. Every cat was a kit to Shinefang after all, and this one had the high voice of an apprentice, which made him young enough to be his kit's kit, if his kits had survived. The medicine cat froze in shock as he noticed the apprentice collapsed on the den floor, the fur on his head matted with blood. He rushed to the apprentices side, and knelt down, looking at his face. He had a far off look in his eye that made Shinefang's blood run cold, and that blood on his head. "It's ok, it's ok," Shinefang said aloud, as much to himself as the apprentice. "My name is Shinefang. I've got ya." His mind raced as he floundered for what he should do to help the younger cat. The den floor must be hard. I should get him into a nest. "Can you tell me what happened?" The old tom asked, bowing down to get a mouthful of the younger cat's scruff to drag him into a nest.
Hearing the other's voice was both soothing and painful. It was soothing to know that he was going to be taken care of, but painful in the fact that the sound made his head hurt more. He pressed his ears against his head to try and block out the sound but he was still hearing. After processing the words 'what happened' Acornpaw spoke quickly. "I... fell?" It almost sounded like he was asking a question. "On my head."
It had happened so fast for him, he had gone out for a hunt on his own after his mentor had punished him. It was his way of being rebellious. It was going well, except he wasn't really looking where he was going. One moment he was running through the territory, the next he was on the ground with his head next to a bloodied rock. After that, he had come back to camp as quickly as he could. "On a rock..."

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series