View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 05:12 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Purekit was startled out of her thoughts by the sound of rustling coming from the entrance of camp. She peered curiously from between the bushes and searched for the source of the sudden noise. Her luminescent blue eyes rested on the large form of a brown tabby. Fluffy white ear tips pricked curiously as the small kit studied him with an earnest expression. Who was he? The first part of the stranger tom that she noticed was his size. He was a tall and giant warrior! If Purekit were to stand beside him, her ears would barely brush his belly. Scanning him up and down, she gave a nervous blink of her blue gaze. His claws looked very dangerous and capable of inflicting great damage. She wouldn't want to come across him in a battle.

As she watched the tom set his fresh-kill on the pile and take a meaty mouse for himself, Purekit backed deeper into the bush, pressing her hindquarters into the rough brown trunk. Hopefully he wouldn't see her! Even though he wasn't her clanmate, the small she-kit wasn't familiar with all the cats of ShadowClan; there were just so many! Her wish to stay hidden, however, was dashed as she watched his spine stiffen, the wind carrying her scent right toward him. Fur fluffed out, the small kit watched with a feeling of an odd mixture of fright, dismay, and curiosity at being discovered by such a powerful looking warrior. As he pushed his face into the bush, Purekit gave a squeak and darted to the side, accidentally bumping into his muzzle in the process.

"Oh, um, hi?" Purekit hurriedly flattened her fluffy fur, hearing the awkwardness in his voice. She was glad he didn't seem angry with her, though her whiskers still twitched with surprise. Purekit reassured herself that he wasn't here to prod, just curious about what she was doing under a weigela bush without her denmates. "Nothin'. Just sitting." Purekit stood up straiter, suddenly realizing she was talking to a great SkyClan warrior. He was really strong looking, after all. "What are you doing?" Curiosity tugged at her paws as she looked up at him with open fascination. Her previous assumption was correct, he was very tall and had to crane her neck to meet his eyes with her own crystal blue ones.

@Misto