Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
The air between them was different this time. Despite her still feeling the nagging feeling of sadness, Slatepelt felt more composed and confident this time. Maybe it was because Shine had said what he wanted to, what she had been dreading for moons? Either way, she had spoken her mind and that was that. "Shinefang." Her voice was warm with affection although she lingered a few tail lengths away from him. There was no reason to invade his personal space, especially if he was still upset. In hindsight... Shinefang was valid for being upset, although she wished their conversation had gone better.

"I lost Acornpaw,"

She knew. She had been watching over her mate from the ranks of Starclan and needless to say, waking up to that after they had argued must have been heart-wrenching. The Starclan warrior shuffled the few feet so her fur was pressed against the others, her tail resting gently on his shoulder. "I know dear... I'm sorry." Dipping her head respectfully, the feline shifted her weight into Shinefang, her translucent fur providing a comfortable warmth. She was truly sorry and she wanted to make it evident that it wasn't his fault the young apprentice had passed. Slatepelt listened quietly as Shinefang continued, slowly nodding in acknowledgement.

"I know, Shinefang. I'm sorry I lost my temper with you. I know it's been far too long for the both of us, but change isn't always a bad thing... I'll still love you despite that." She meowed quietly, her tail gently brushing across his back in a soothing motion.
Oh how he'd missed feeling her fur against his. For a long moment, Shinefang didn't say anything. They just sat there together in the meadow, her tail resting gently on his shoulder as the lush, green fields swayed in breeze. At last, he heaved a heavy sigh. "So, do the foxhearts want me as Skyclan's medicine cat? I pretty much just took the role. I didn't have some magically prophecy of whatever. It just felt like what Skyclan needed." Throughout all the loss and pain, while his family and loved ones left him, Shinefang had always had Skyclan. It was his home, his children, his mate and he loved it. When he couldn't be a warrior anymore, he still wanted to serve it. Now he was beginning to enjoy the role. It was a new life within his life, a way to head down a new path and see some new sights, all while serving his beloved Skyclan.

Last edited by Charmer; November 17th, 2017 at 07:57 PM.