View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

“No thank you. I ate earlier,” Auroraflame declined politely. She wasn’t hungry. Even though the tom probably wouldn’t be able to finish the rabbit, she didn’t want to waste it on a full belly. She’d much rather leave the den and find someone else to share the rabbit than to eat it herself. In leaf-fall especially, she did not like wasting prey. Prey always got scarcer in leaf-fall and anything that could be hunted was to be used wisely.
The inky deputy had to bite her lip from giving back a sarcastic retort. ‘Well that’s assuring’, she wanted to say. She wasn’t trying to be rude, and she didn’t want to say that specifically at Shinefang. She would’ve wanted to say those words at anyone who said that. ‘I chose me’, wasn’t quite the answer that she had been looking for, but it was the answer she had been given and there was nothing she could do about it. And now she had the reassurance that he had asked Grousestar for permission first, and if he approved of the idea, then that made things a little better. But who knew, Shinefang could make a fine medicine cat for all she knew. She just needed to have a little bit of faith in him. "I’m sure you’ll do great as the clans new medicine cat,” she said, not voicing her doubts aloud. Instead, she pushed her thoughts to the back of her mind and focused on staying positive. She had to have a little bit of faith. Everyone needed some faith and encouragement if they were going to succeed. Even if it wasn’t always completely genuine. She wasn’t doubting Shinefang’s abilities. Well actually, she kind of was. But she was really just unsure of whether he was right for the job if he’d picked himself. But then again, he’d said that he’d spent his fair share of days and night in the den. Her thoughts were conflicted and she wasn’t entirely sure of what to think about this situation.
“Oh yes. It’s an honour and a privilege. I mean, it can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but I enjoy it and I’m proud to be able to serve my clan like this,” Auroraflame replied, her icy hues quietly glowing with pride.
Shinefang shrugged off the deputy's decline. "Guess my patients are going to be well fed then," he said. He could easily divvy up the large piece of prey and the cats who came to see him would leave with healing herbs on their wounds and full bellies. What a half-hearted praise from her: 'I'm sure you'll do great as as the clan's medicine cat'. It was the more obvious than cold in leafbare that she was being polite but not fond of his answer, it was the truth though. Skyclan had needed a medicine cat and he'd stepped up to help. What was so wrong with serving his clan? The clan that she would be leading some day? How dare he make sure there were still cats left to lead by the time she got there. What nerve he had! He swallowed the bit in his mouth, "Well, I was a great warrior. Figured I'd add this to my expanding list of things I'm great at. Maybe next I'll take up mossball." If she was going to serve him up a load of mousedung, it was only fair he gave it right back. He'd be genuine when she was genuine. Her happiness at being the deputy seemed real enough though, and he grunted in affirmation. "Skyclan is a great clan," he said simply. He could feel tension crackling between them, but what did she expect? Maybe she'd remember to be more sincere the next time she spoke to him. If he wanted insincerity, he'd ask a shecat if his fur looked nice today.

(Isn't he just delightful?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Purekit jerked her muzzle up as she heard Shinefang's mumbling. Stepping toward the voice, tugged on my curiosity, the female approached what she assumed to be his nest; he was sleeping in it after all. "Um, Shinefang?" Purekit meowed, tapping his shoulder lightly with one small paw. Then, the she-cat hopped back, hoping he wouldn't be angry that she'd woken him so late. Although Purekit was a little overcurious, she hated it when her curiosity angered or frustrated other cats. Like the one time she'd poked around in the Warriors den in the middle of the night and earned a scolding from her mother. Oops, she wouldn't be going in there till she became a warrior. Swanheart would see to that.
Shinefang's limb's gave a violent jerk as he sat bolt upright with a harsh snort, "Wha? Where? Is it dawn already?" His one eye swept the inside of his den, groping in confusion as took in the scene. He still wasn't quite used to living in the medicine den and it took him a second to remember where he was. "Oh right," he said to himself, the fog of sleep beginning to clear a little from his brain. That's when he noticed the little kit sitting beside him, looking nervous as he turned to face her with his scarred up face. Well, can't blame her. That's probably how I'd look if I had to see my ugly mug right after waking up. "Cleankit?" he muttered, sitting up in his nest. "What is it?" The old tom gave a wide yawn, shaking his head to clear his mind.

Last edited by Charmer; November 18th, 2017 at 10:43 AM.